Hospital bed

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hospital bed

Postby widget » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 am

Great news Penny, glad family are in control,
did you have a hip replacement or just a repair??
widget

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Greetings, Penny. You sound remarkably cheerful in the circumstances (but maybe it's the pills ...). Hope the x-ray results show only good things and you continue to make progress. I hope too that your OH can get his act together and remember how to heat up a ready meal and drive the washing machine! Don't worry about the gardener; I think Dita has plans for taking care of him. Sounds as though you're in good hands so just do as you're told and concentrate on recovery. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks all. I fractured the top half and if lucky and careful I will be able to walk with crutches for a while. Say it s going to be a long job but hope to be home some time this week. Keeping the staff here with a few giggles and they keep saying they are amazed at the up and go I have. Simply forcing myself to keep up with the times. OH being fed by son and today he is at the golf club. Not bothering to cook at all so he won.t be that miserable. Daughter keeps popping in but her job is making her on call all the time. Do take care all, don,t want anyone joining me in here.. big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Cheers Penny ithanku:
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Penny, good to hear you should be fine eventually if you are careful and all goes well, big hugs to you. I will be happy to look after your young man Penny, but I am only keeping him warmed up for you, I think Andere was trying to stir the pot a bit. :grouphug: :rolleye11: Your OH :roflmao: it will do him good :roflmao: Big hug from Dolly :bighugs:
dita

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi penny.
I've been to Blackpool for the weekend and have only just read about your accident.
How do you manage to sound so cheerful penny? I think you're being very brave given the pain you must be in.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
caroljoyce

Postby twin1947 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi Penny,
I have also only just seen this post as have been away for the weekend in the caravan was a bit chilly .
So sorry to read you had a fall hope you feel better very soon :fourleaf:
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:38 pm

So very sorry to read you are in hostipal Penny.I have also been away for the weekend with no internet.Hope your pain is easing now and you will soon be back to feeding all your birds.Hubby will have to wait on you for a change though. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi Penny.
SO sorry to read about the fall and I hope you are soon back in the fold again.
I just hope that all goes well for you and it heals OK. Have you had any pins put in your hip?
Just dont go overdoing things and I agree with Maggie your hubby will have to wait on you.Good Luck.x x
Getwell-Soon-3614a  RESIZED LOWER.jpg
Getwell-Soon-3614a RESIZED LOWER.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks Maisie. Just been to the toilet and feel better. Trouble is as you know too many tablets block you up. O,H came Just as they were trying to get me up for loo,. I am fine myself but never had such pain. He could not stand it so off home he went. I have never known such pain. I expect you kept saying the same. Thanks very much for the little one. Take care now and look after yourself. Had a giggle early this MOrning. A lady doctor with two nurses Came to check I understood all the details. She went out and I said,. Doesn't.t she look lovely, really sexy in red. didn,t realize she could hear me and she came back to say never had such a wonderful compliment. So pleased she did.t take it the wrong way. Take care all. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Yes I can sympathise with you regarding the pain Penny. You did not say whether you had had a pin put in.
Its going to be a fairly long job and there will be many things you wont be able to do so even if you think you can, DONT until you have been given the all clear. Just concentrate on getting fit again but as I said DONT do anything to aggravate it.
Did they say how long you will be in the hospital?

Get Well Soon. x
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 am

I'm thinking it won't be long before you're coming home now penny. I bet you're ready!
When Tony broke his hip he was in hospital about four days. He had a pin in his hip which helped at the time but about a year later it gave him some pain so he had to have it out.

I hope you have a good care plan in place for when you return penny. You deserve some serious pampering.

Thinking of you.x
caroljoyce

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Hoping things are going in the right direction, Penny. All the best to you. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Great big hugs from Dolly and me Penny xx
dita

Postby Monika » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Hope things are all going well.Penny, and you recover quickly. Hugs and all good wishes :grouphug:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Maywalk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:49 am

How is everything Penny? I would not imagine they had sent you home yet because I was in 5 weeks when I did mine, so just hoping that you are not going through too much pain. its been one or two days since you called in so everyone is concerned.
Get well soon. :bighugs: :bighugs:
Maywalk

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes