Sir Cliff Richard - is he worth it?

Except Personal Attacks

Sir Cliff Richard - is he worth it?

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Last night I was browsing the Nottingham theatre website with the hope of finding something my theatre loving friend & I would like for next year.

I got to October and nearly fell off my seat - Sir Cliff Richard is actually performing there! I couldn't believe it He's such a legend.

Feeling very excited I went to the ticket booking and nearly fell off my seat again!!

The cheapest prices are £165 and the most expensive where my friend & I sat last Friday for the Sensational sixties show (£29) row K in the stalls is a whopping £275.

Is he worth it do you think?
caroljoyce

Re: Sir Cliff Richard - is he worth it?

Postby Maywalk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Not in my opinion Carol even if I had the money to spend.
Maywalk

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:47 pm

No!
If only people would stop paying these ludicrous prices, venues would stop charging them. Imagine paying £275 for a ticket then, when you get there, all you can see is a forest of up-stretched arms and little blue screens as the selfish brain dead fools in front of you record it all. :tantrum2:
I haven't been to a gig for at least 15 years; better things to do with my time and cash than pay to be annoyed.
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 pm

A legend yes, but there's not a performer yet born worth that sort of monet, unless it;s in a box with a Fortnum's champagne hamper for the intermission!
laurie53

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:02 pm

There is no way I would pay that amount of money to see anyone.Better things to spend my money on.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:12 pm

We saw him twice in his (and our) younger days. The first was him playing Buttons at the Palladium in the late sixties. I was seven months pregnant at the time so we must have been keen! The second time , it was him and the Shadows doing a gig at Hammersmith Apollo. I realised that although he was good, I considered the Shadows were the greater attraction, Hank plays divine guitar!

No way would I pay over £50 to see anyone at the theatre. My recent treat was £36 and that is the top limit for me at the local Swan.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes