Shock.

Except Personal Attacks

Shock.

Postby Maywalk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 pm

A shock today to get a phone call to tell me that my niece on my hubbys side has been found dead.
Looks as though she has been there a few days. She was only 62. Post mortem to be done to find out what caused it.
Strangely enough I never heard a thing from any of that family when Cliff was poorly and suddenly today I had the phone call from David, brother of the deceased, to tell me about his sister because he found her.
Maywalk

Re: Shock.

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Sorry to read your sad news Maywalk,shame she died on her own.Young age these days 62.Awful for her brother to find her.
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes it is a VERY sad ending to her life Maggie. I would not wish that on anyone.
We cant organise any flowers or wreath because we are waiting for the autopsy report.
Maywalk

Postby dita » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 pm

:grouphug: Sad news Maisie and a shock, these things suddenly hit us at a time when its impossible to envisage. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi Dita.
Yes it did come as a shock because here I am still here at the age of 87 being held together with ruddy pins and Gawd alone knows what else and Christine has been taken at that age. :roll:

I hope you are keeping well Dita.
I get a bit browned of at times now because I cant get out on my own now or do what I used to be able to do. My family do what they can for me but I try not to call on them if possible.
My son calls over every morning to make sure I am ok and we talk on Facetime at night so I am VERY much luckier than many.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:10 am

Hi Maisie - It's always a shock when someone a generation younger passes away & we're still here.

I'm not surprised you feel browned off at times because you can't get out.
I was wondering if you could get to one of those knit & natter sessions? I'm sure there are volunteers who would take you - also how about a senior citizens lunch club?
I know transport is a problem for you but these volunteer drivers who take people to hospital appointments may also take people to leisure activities..
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:37 am

Good Morning Carol and all the others members.
Unfortunately I cant knit anymore like I used to because the Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis makes my fingers seize up and I cant hold the needles for long without dropping them due to the ruddy cramping. Excercising helps as a rule but with not being able to stand on my hip that too has proved difficult. I only wish befriending WAS available but I have been into all that even when Cliff was alive and they always say they will get back to me but never do. IF I could knit it would certainly help to keep the gremlins away. I should not grumble or moan because there are folks a ruddy sight worse off than me and I can still type on the computer with the middle finger of my right hand so its good to call in various places to say Hello and to play Scrabble.

Luckily I have found a lady who can take me out at times when she is not booked up because she is self employed and I pay her so much an hour.
My lovely family helps and my son calls every morning to do any odd chores so as I said I SHOULD NOT moan. IF I could get out of the front door with my walker to have a shuffle up the drive it might help but I must admit its hard going and my family dont like me trying in case I finish up falling and breaking something else. Sod this getting old business. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am

I'm sorry you can't knit anymore Maisie. That's such a shame.

How about a lunch club then? A hot meal and a chat to other people - it would make a change for you.

Aw Maisie - you have such a sharp & active mind - good thing you've got the internet eh?
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:46 am

I have been asked if I would like to go to a lunch club Carol but I cant stand playing ruddy Bingo because after lunch they have two hours of this game. Not my cup of tea. I did ask if anyone played Scrabble but was told NO. I know a lot of elderly folks love to play Bingo because my mother used to but it bores me to death and I would rather have a laugh and a conversation with someone.
OK tell me that I am being TOO fussy and you would be right but I like to converse with folks not sit on the end of my seat waiting for a number to come up just to say I have won at Bingo. :huffin:
Yes the internet has been a Godsend to me and I only wish others of my age had learnt how to use a computer some years ago.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 am

Oh dear - two hours of bingo would bore me too!! :doh:
caroljoyce

Postby lavonne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 pm

It is a shock when you hear of those younger than you dying .especially when ,as you say, you have muliple health problems , I sympathise with you. Several years ago I found my elder son dead from heart failure age 42 , since then Ive lost a nephew and a niece from cancer , in their early 60s, a nephew lost his daughter from reynards disease in her early 40 s ,and my other son has lost two friends suddenly in their 30s & 40s
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Apologies Lavonne I have only just seen your message.
It sounds as though you have had more than your share of grief over the years and it must have been heartwrenching to have found your son without the added sorrow of other family members and friends.
Life can be SO ruddy cruel at times. :cry: :cry:
Maywalk

Postby lavonne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Sorry Maywalk,have just come on line after a time off.My post was not a criticism of yours, nor did I expect sympathy,I was sympathising with you,knowing what a shock it is
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Not to worry Lavonne.
I never read it as criticism.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes