Grumpy old woman

Except Personal Attacks

Grumpy old woman

Postby lavonne » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Im becoming a grumpy woman.Every morning about 9am a friend rings me to ask how I am,she is on for about an hour and inverably gets to talk about food,what she has bought and where [Alis is THE best shop in the land },what she is going to cook [and how]and eat that day ,.About 4pm another friend rings for an hour,she has healthand mental health.I love the problems and waiting for a bowel operation,she proceeds to tell me in detail what she is going through and what she has to do to herself.I love these two friends dearly ,they have been good to me butlistening on the phonean hour every day to the same things is getting me down,but no matter how I try it always resorts back to the same subjects,food/health,I cant bring myself to hurt their feelings so just sit their longing for the end
lavonne

Re: Grumpy old woman

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Why don't you just say you find these long phone calls tiring and could they please make them a bit shorter?
Life's too short to listen to people who bore you.
caroljoyce

Re: Grumpy old woman

Postby laurie53 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Life's too short to listen to people who bore you.

My philosophy regarding post on other forums (not this one I hasten to add!).

You keep at it, Lavonne. It's worth the effort to be grumpy!

I knew my street cred had slipped a few years ago when they asked me to be Father Christmas. I was the Heath & Safety Officer for goodness sake!

However, I did a risk assessment on the dangers of soot. working at height, animal transmitted pathogens, manual handling of heavy packages, particularly by physicality challenged people like elves. the dangers of mince pies from unverified sources and so on and order was soon restored.

They never asked me again!
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes