Life in the raw.

Except Personal Attacks

Life in the raw.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 pm

It can be SO unfair and cruel at times as well as fulfilling.
I say this because I have been to my nieces funeral today. She was 65 and found dead after lying for three days having died from DVT that went to her lungs. Her son lives in Walsall so its quite a trek to get here. He phoned every day and naturally panicked when not getting any reply on the third day. He just thought she had gone away for the weekend with her friends.

Anyway my son and d-i-l and I went to the funeral and it was lovely to see my nieces brother and sisters had all travelled from OZ, NZ and the US to pay their respects to their sister.
What makes me say that life can be SO unfair and cruel at times is the fact that I am still here after going through all the London Blitz and being bombed out twice and she who is a lot younger than me has gone.

The fulfilling part is that I will be attending my great grandson's1st birthday party tomorrow. It will be a week early because they are going to Center Parks for the week so wont be here.
Maywalk

Re: Life in the raw.

Postby Monika » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Yes ....... life is unfair and some people get a raw deal from it, especially small children with life threatening illnesses. It's all a bit of a lottery really.

Just think, Maisie, you have been more fortunate than your niece, but the blessing was that you were there for your Cliff when he needed you the most and though it was very hard for you, he was blessed to have you. :grouphug:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 am

I have had MORE than my share of luck where life is concerned Monica and I am grateful for it because as you say I was there for Cliff.
As for the children with life threatening illnesses that is one reason why any proceeds from any books that I have written have all gone to those at my local Hospice. They are looked after and loved so well by not only their families but the carers and nurses.
Its a joy to see their happy faces when they are playing or concentrating on something that attracts them.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:36 am

You shouldn't say life is unfair because you're still here Maisie. I agree with everything Monika has said.
Thank goodness you were there for Cliff when he needed you.

Life's a lottery. A lot of my friends are gone now - some only in their 50's. I don't think it's unfair because I'm still here though - I just feel thankful.

Enjoy your great grandson's birthday party.x
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Yes your right Carol but it still does not shift this feeling of guilt. Crazy I know but maybe its because I am feeling low in myself.
I will have to pull myself out of the doldrums before I go out.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes