What a feat.

Except Personal Attacks

What a feat.

Postby Maywalk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Sorry I have not been around just of late folks but I have had many folks coming to me for tales of the war years. It seems as though many want to know from any who went through it what the times were like before its too late. :mrgreen:

Anyway its been an interesting time that has kept my brain going and to bring me not only extreme surprise but proudness too is something I have found out about my own brother who was in the RAF that took the wind out of my sails.

That is not what I was referring to with my title of this thread.
Its to do with my hairdresser who came today afer being five weeks away visiting NZ,OZ,Singapore and somewhere else that I cant remember.
About 4 months ago she had a knee replacement but ventured to climb Sydney Bridge that has over 1,000 steps. :roll:
She tells me it cost her and her hubby about £170 each but she does not regret one penny of it. From what she told me you have to strip off your clothes and jewellery and have it put into a locker and you are issued with a special garment to put on because of the heat. I thought this was fascinating.
I think she has done extremely well especially as she is well over 60 and just had the knee done. What say you?
Maywalk

Re: What a feat.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:45 am

Yes she did very well Maisie - well done her.

I'm more amazed at paying £170 to climb a bridge.

It didn't cost me that much to fly over Niagara Falls in a helicopter!!!
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes but this IS special Carol apart from her using her replaced knee for such a trek.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 am

My travelling mate and I climbed the Sydney harbour bridge in 1961. Didn't cost me anything except the effort. :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 am

Different world we live in now Michael, every one is out to make money.
I only wish I could walk to the end of the path leading up the garden never mind climb that bridge. I still think she did well.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes