SCRUFFY

Except Personal Attacks

SCRUFFY

Postby Monika » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Why is it that most men nowadays have scruffy "seven o'clock shadow"? They even have special shavers to achieve this :roll: :roll:
They must think it's a good look.

Personally, I think they just look scruffy and "can't be bothered". Even the good looking ones become less so. Two of my three sons have opted to join the rest of the sheep and they both have the worst of all stubble i.e. with lots of grey and they not only look scruffy but ten years older.

Ye Gods !!
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: SCRUFFY

Postby laurie53 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Not a subscriber.

I might h not shave today as it is already 11.15 and I'm not expecting to see anyone, but I wouldn't go a foot beyond the front gate wit hot a shave. When June was alive I shaved every single day unless ill, on the principle that I did it when I was courting her and there was no reason to change just because she said yes!

I'm not trying to make excuses, but if women refused to have anything to do with unshaven men, like they did when I were a lad, they'd soon shape up.

Incidentally, although I don't expect to see anyone tomorrow (not a moan, it's from choice!) I shall definitely shave! Christmas day i should jolly well think so!
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 pm

My OH has been subscribing to this look since retirement from work and I hate it!!. Unfortunately, refusing to have anything to do with him has absolute!y no effect. He shrugs and says "suit yourself, then". He says women don't appreciate what a tedious chore it is to shave every day and, so long as he's clean, why make a fuss? He always shaves if he's going anywhere important and usually after about 3 days if he's not. I'm the last person to tell others how to dress/look so I'm quite conflicted about this.
I'm just grateful he's never tried to grow a beard like his late brother who always looked like there was an abandoned bird's nest stuck to his face!
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Must say that if I'd given up shaving I'd have quickly got hungry, run out of clean and ironed clothes and found a double bed very lonely!

I can't see shaving being any more of a chore than putting on make up which many women do every day.
laurie53

Postby Young Goat » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:I'm just grateful he's never tried to grow a beard like his late brother who always looked like there was an abandoned bird's nest stuck to his face!

pmsl :lol:

I met a (hopefully) new ladyfriend on christmas day and currently have a tidily trimmed goatee beard.
Should I keep it or shave it off, ?
What do you all think ?
Young Goat

Postby Monika » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:10 pm

If it's tidy, neatly trimmed (and providing the lady isn't averse) I would leave it (it's probably what you are most comfortable with anyway); it's the oxymoron "designer stubble" that I can't stand!

Wishing you a happy 2018 (hopefully with your new lady friend).
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:24 pm

laurie53 wrote:Must say that if I'd given up shaving I'd have quickly got hungry, run out of clean and ironed clothes and found a double bed very lonely...

'T'wouldn't work here. He learned how to wash, dry & iron a long time ago and, if I stopped feeding him, he'd go to the pub. Own bed for years, too because he's more active asleep than awake and I get tetchy about being bashed, kicked and shoved out of bed .

Young Goat wrote:I met a (hopefully) new ladyfriend on christmas day and currently have a tidily trimmed goatee beard.
Should I keep it or shave it off, ?
What do you all think ?

If it's clean and tidy and you like it, then keep it unless your new lady hates it. It's your face, after all - which I suppose is why I don't make more fuss about OH's doormat bristles.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Young Goat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I decided to shave it off, I was seeing my daughter and grandchildren on Boxing Day and they had previously said they hated it and wouldn't kiss me ( OH NO !!!!!)
I can grow it again in only two weeks if I change my mind.

As for the new lady, we met at a Christmas dinner for OAP's and transport was provided to and from the venue. We were told we would be leaving together but we got separated into two different cars and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.
I fear she might be thinking I just cleared off and left her, and is feeling snubbed. I don't know what to do now, she doesn't answer her phone ( she told me she gets too many junk calls) I know her name and address ( I did an Internet search with what information she had told me) but I fear if I turn up on her doorstep unannounced it will freak her out, I have written a letter to her but don't know if I will post it.
I don't want her to think I'm a stalker !!!
Your thoughts please ?
Last edited by Young Goat on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young Goat

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 pm

As you know her address perhaps a late Xmas card o mention you are sorry you were unable to share the same transport home. You could add, ,,,,,,Perhaps we can meet up for a chat sometime. cheers and good luck. Penny
Penny

Postby Monika » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm

If you enjoyed her company on Christmas Day, it's most likely that she enjoyed yours too and would like to see you again. It would be a great shame if you were thinking of her and vice versa and neither of you did anything about it.

I think you should contact her, perhaps with New Year wishes, tell her how much you enjoyed her company and how delighted you were to find that you may have found a new friend only to be disappointed that you got separated at the last moment.

Do please contact her and let us know what happens ................ good luck.
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Agreed with both the above. Just send a "happy new year" card (or put it through her door yourself) explaining the circumstances, add your phone number and/or email address and suggest she contacts you if she fancies meeting for a coffee somewhere local in January... Bon chance!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Good luck and Happy New Year Keith :downhatch:
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Yes a happy new year card sounds good,with your phone number and few details about meeting her at the dinner would be good
twin1947

Postby Young Goat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:50 am

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions as to what to say.
I have used most of the phrases you have suggested, in a letter I have written .
I went to her address very late last night to deliver it but to my consternation I found three cars parked in the drive, and I thought she lived alone!
So I didn’t put it in the letterbox and I beat a hasty retreat!!!
I guess they were just visitors staying over, but doubtless she doesn’t want to open a pseudo "love letter" when they are there so I will put it in the post tomorrow.
Young Goat

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:53 am

Very pleased you wrote to her, quite right to post it, good luck for the future. Not intending to be nosy but we are all keen to follow with you, the route you have taken. cheers Penny.
Penny

Next

Return to Anything Goes