Advice and help.

Except Personal Attacks

Advice and help.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:41 pm

I am having many requests from worldwide regarding any tales that have occured during my life.
Sounds big headed but not meant to be.
It seems as though folk want to know what life was like way back in time and how I managed while still on rations when I first married. They can read about the first 20 years of my life already because Oddie condensed the book I wrote and put it on my poetry site.
I dont want to go through any process of having anything published, just a blog of some description to put my tales in. Has anyone got any suggestions? It would be much appreciated if someone can tell me some simple way of doing this.
I was requested to put some on Facebook which I have and I am really taken aback at the interest shown but I would rather keep the chapters together which one cant do on Facebook.

Any suggestions apart from taking a long walk off a short pier would be appreciated.
Maywalk

Re: Advice and help.

Postby Poohdog » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

I hope my royalties will be forthcoming for chapter three....."I was a sex slave in Maisies brothel"...otherwise you will force me to publish those pictures of you,the Duke of Edinburgh,and that Blackpool donkey.
Poohdog

Postby laurie53 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Your decision but I never respond to unsolicited requests of this type. If they come from genuine students or historians they will have credentials.

I have worked om ( flown in), biplanes, I've flown in an operational Lancaster, served in Ulster, the Gulf and the Falklands, lain in a tent listening ti a lion coughing (
aand it wasn't in a cage!) and been forbidden to go within 50
Km of the the East German border, and could (and have) bore for Team GB on these and many other subjects, but there's a time and place, and to strangers on the internet is neither.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Poohdog wrote:I hope my royalties will be forthcoming for chapter three....."I was a sex slave in Maisies brothel"...otherwise you will force me to publish those pictures of you,the Duke of Edinburgh,and that Blackpool donkey.

Pooh that is the best giggle I have had for the past two days. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You silly sod.
Lovely to know you are still around. Did you have a nice Christmas?????????

Not felt up to much with this sodding chest infection and the ruddy steroids and antibiotics are making me feel depressed but I only have a couple of more days on them thank goodness.
Just keep those pictures under wraps and I will send you your share but DONT tell anyone. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

laurie53 wrote:Your decision but I never respond to unsolicited requests of this type. If they come from genuine students or historians they will have credentials.

I have worked om ( flown in), biplanes, I've flown in an operational Lancaster, served in Ulster, the Gulf and the Falklands, lain in a tent listening ti a lion coughing (
aand it wasn't in a cage!) and been forbidden to go within 50
Km of the the East German border, and could (and have) bore for Team GB on these and many other subjects, but there's a time and place, and to strangers on the internet is neither.

Oh My God Laurie my life has NEVER been that exciting.
I am just happy to be here at all after surviving being bombed out twice during the London Blitz. Students have been coming to me for well over 12 years and I have had some lovely thankyou letters from them and I have given many a talk in schools and museums. I am 87 now and I doubt if my tales will interest ruddy spies of any description.
Thankyou for the warning though.
Maywalk

Postby Monika » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Your experiences are of considerable interest to a young generation who have never had to live through a war in their own country. The people who lived through WW2 will not be around beyond the next 20 years so anything you can convey to future generations is invaluable.

The beauty of your stories, Maisie, is that you are no historian, but you LIVED THEM and long may they be remembered and, hopefully lessons learned.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Take a look at [url]WordPress.com[/url]. Click on See Plans and you can see the options offered, from free of charge through various paid for plans. I've never created a blog but I know several people who have and do use WordPress and seem happy enough with its ease of operation.
If you return to the home page and press the little down-pointing arrow at the top left, it brings up a menu. Select Blogs and it will guide you step by step through setting up the sort of blog you want.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 am

Many thanks Monika and Andere for getting back to me.
To be honest I am not much good at anything like that Andere and I will ask my granddaughter about it when she comes. I WOULD love a place to put the tales but it is also fathoming out how to do it on a blog similar to reading a book where one can leave a Chapter and know where to start from when they go back.Looks awkward when seeing the idea written down but maybe someone can come up with some ideas.
Perhaps I am trying to be TOO ambitious in my old age. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks for the idea though Andere.
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 am

Maywalk wrote:
Poohdog wrote:I hope my royalties will be forthcoming for chapter three....."I was a sex slave in Maisies brothel"...otherwise you will force me to publish those pictures of you,the Duke of Edinburgh,and that Blackpool donkey.

Pooh that is the best giggle I have had for the past two days. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You silly sod.
Lovely to know you are still around. Did you have a nice Christmas?????????

Not felt up to much with this sodding chest infection and the ruddy steroids and antibiotics are making me feel depressed but I only have a couple of more days on them thank goodness.
Just keep those pictures under wraps and I will send you your share but DONT tell anyone. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've been on the same meds as you for a while Maisie...Just had medics round an hour ago...I phoned 999 as my breathing had gone to pot middle of the night.They seem to have helped my breathing for now so I opted not to go to hospital and will see my GP soon as I can.
Poohdog

Postby laurie53 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 pm

my life has NEVER been that exciting.

Yes it has, just like the lives of thousands of others.

Excitement, and interest, is, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

Like I said, I could bore, and have done, for Team GB!
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:41 pm

You and I can sympathise with each other then Pooh.
Its ruddy murder when fighting for breath. This sodding growing old business can be hard work at times and you need a sense of humour to cope with it. With all the tablets I have to take including the Epilepsy ones I will be the fittest corpse in the burial ground. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes