My horrendous evening.

Except Personal Attacks

My horrendous evening.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:41 am

OMG it's gone 2.30 am & I've only just got in the house.

About 6.00 pm yesterday evening (it still feels like today to me) Tony was in agony with pain in the lower right hand half of his tum. He put up with it for two hours & then I insisted we go to casualty. He saw many doctors & had many tests before they decided to keep him in for observation. Tomorrow they are going to do more tests and a scan.

At first it was thought to be his appendix but now they lean towards kidney stones. Hopefully they will find out tomorrow.

6 hours we were there. I feel totally shattered & quite ill with tiredness & this hacking cough but I've got to be strong for Tony. :cry:

He looked so confused & anxious when I left him there that I promised him I'd be back first thing.

I'll say goodnight now to all my slumbering forum friends. I'm looking forward to a few hours sleep at least.

Sweet dreams...
caroljoyce

Re: My horrendous evening.

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:36 am

Sorry to hear this Carol. I know what it feels like when ones partner is suddenly in hospital. I hope things improve for Tony (and you) tomorrow.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 am

Oh Carol I'm so sorry.

I've seen those blue lights dos disappearing down the road at 2.00am enough times not to know how you feel.

Thinking of you.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Oh, Carol. I hope he's ok and they can soon sort out the cause of his symptoms. I know from when OH was suddenly admitted to hospital in 2016 how tiring and stressful it is. You want to be there and reassuring for Tony but, at the same time, daily life has to be kept going and, somewhere among it all, you need to eat and sleep yourself.
Best wishes and cyber hugs to both of you and I hope he's home and well very soon.
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks everybody.

He was discharged this afternoon. The pain has completely gone now and all the tests/scans were nagative. It's a mystery.
He's got an outpatients appointment to have a camera up his urethra. He's going to like that!! (Not).

This last 24 hours has taken it out of me - I feel a wreck but very relieved to have him home again.
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Carol, I am sorry you had such dreadful night and worrying time. I know how you felt and know how much relief you feel now. Hopefully the camera invasion will be negative too. :bighugs:
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Glad to hear things are a little better.

Perhaps it was a small stone that has now passed.

I've had the camera down the willy thing, twice, so I can really empathise.

Tell him to go to the loo as soon as they have finished, before anaesthetic wears off!
laurie53

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks laurie - I will tell him that.
caroljoyce

Return to Anything Goes