Is anyone posting here ? I dont seem to see any new posts lately
lavonne

Re: New posts

Postby twin1947 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Yes but think we all have to add something :roll:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Sorry, the first anniversary of the death of MMF, was Wednesday 8th Feb. I have always felt that the time leading up to these can be the worst, and the time after it is a gradual recovery. :trink:
vannin

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 am

Some members only come here once in a blue moon and rarely, if ever, start a thread.
It needs some joint effort to keep this forum going.

Rowan Tree was limping along until it had a bit of an influx from age-net but I fear it's going back to how it was. :sad:
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:34 am

I post when I've got somersetting useful(in my own opinion!) to say.

I've no objection to a mod starting up the occasional controversial thread to get some reaction , but there's Nothing worse than those forums where some people think they must contribute to every thread.

The solution to a boring and uninteresting forum (not this one) is in the members hands.
laurie53

Postby marieann » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:53 am

Stan, on Age-Net, hated threads that were added to every day he said that stopped varied topics being posted, but I like them, it's nice to know how people are keeping and how they've enjoyed their day. Really the Hi dita thread does hold a lot of information. Some people can start interesting threads and some can't, I have problems with it, and sometimes you just don't feel able or can't concentrate. As long as the main thread is still going we're not going to lose touch and the odd new thread will come. I must go and put Iceland's order away.
There I've had a nice ramble with this one. :exactly:
marieann

Postby laurie53 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 am

I always liken forums to a pub.

There are groups you would not normally join and discussions you would not normally contribute to, but plenty of others you drift in and out of.

If a subject flags you, or somebody else, starts another one.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Laurie's simile is about right, I think. I post when I've got something to say. If I don't think I can add anything new or interesting, then I don't contribute. The exception is the "hi, Dita" thread which I was kind of shamed into joining in with a few years ago when nobody much was posting anything but it can be hard to avoid "got up, fed cat, ate meals, went to bed" on really quiet days!

I'm faintly bemused by members of some other forums who contribute to every thread, sometimes dozens in a day. Whenever do they find time to live their real lives?

Quiet :bighugs: to Vannin.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Quote Andere
"Quiet :bighugs: to Vannin."
Thank you Andere. It means a lot. I hope poor little LK will cope will cope well with treatment, but she sounds like one who usually does, bless her.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Well Penny and I with the help of a few more have managed to keep our little forum going ever since the tragic death of Eve, which was quite a long while ago, Seems to some the demise of Agenet was the rescue of Rowan ???? But we apparently are now in the downhill run again------never mind I for one will just be limping again until whenever :)
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:42 pm

I know I used to be more involved than lately. While I can go on at length about the cat or, nowadays, about genealogy - probably much too lengthy so members' eyes will glaze over, I have never believed they could be interested in what I had for breakfast or would prepare for lunch/dinner. Rethinking that, perhaps the day's menu may be more interesting than Trixie or DNA.
I'll have a go now. The weather was nice and mild when I went to sing at church. Came home and cooked a mini spatchcock chicken from Ocado. Enjoyed half of it with M & S new potatoes and ready-sliced runner beans. Then I had some fairly naughty Sainsburys Toffee, Pecan and Meringue Roulade. Had a short nap, did my wrist exercises because carpal tunnel syndrome appears to be setting in. I expect to watch Call the Midwife and maybe Homeland part 1 of new series.
Wishing :grouphug: everyone a restful evening.
vannin

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

vannin wrote:Sorry, the first anniversary of the death of MMF, was Wednesday 8th Feb. I have always felt that the time leading up to these can be the worst, and the time after it is a gradual recovery. :trink:

I've just realised who MMF is Viv. I remember all the distress you went through because of his sister!!! :bighugs:
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

Thank you Carol. She turned up, back in England for the anniversary week. I saw her at the mass but no eye contact was made. His new headstone was blessed at the cemetery but, though I have been to the grave through the year, I stayed away from it for that week.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes