Hobbies

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hobbies

Postby widget » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 am

It's so nice to hear of things folk are doing, I know some people who literally do nothing, not because they can't, but because they can't be bothered. I have one 'friend' who plays bowls in the summer, and dose nothing else, another who will go and do nothing, unless I 'drag' her there, but I also have some, even I can't keep up with.
Whether it be doing physical things or mental things, we need to keep as much of out brain and body going.
Keep going,
:banana: :banana: :banana:
widget

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am

widget wrote:Whether it be doing physical things or mental things, we need to keep as much of out brain and body going.
Keep going,
:banana: :banana: :banana:

That is so true..
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am

Once I hit 55 (a long time ago) I started going to Keep Fit, whereas I hadn't bothered too much before. It reminded me too much of boarding school!
So there have been various local Keep-Fit venues. Many of the Adult Education classes in 'fitness for Over-55s' were stopped by the council so instructors went private. The past 3.5 years I have been at Movers and Shakers, the most reasonable, friendly and fit-making of the lot. Every Tuesday to be looked forward to.

Of course, being a non-driver, there is, and has always been, plenty of walking.
vannin

Previous

Return to Anything Goes