Faith Martin

Except Personal Attacks

Faith Martin

Postby marieann » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Amazon were pushing her DI Greene series ebooks and I hadn't read anything of hers before so tried the first one, on offer for 99p, which I loved. They weren't long books and were very concise and fast moving with no confusion or rambling. But they all finished with a cliffhanger so I went through the first eight and looked for number nine out of the seventeen.

9,10 and 11 all have the old title whereas the title had been changed on the first eight. Amazon have 9, 'Across the Narrow Blue Line' for £277.49 plus £2.80 used hardback but in very good condition.

They have 10, 'A narrow point of view' for £115.36 plus £2.80 postage, used hardback and 11 is £1761.95, again a used hardback but I can still get 12 to 17 for £2.63 as ebooks. You can't read them out of order, well I can't, because of the cliffhangers at the end of each book and the fact the story is continuous through them.

I was furious I think Amazon have bought the rights and are reissuing them. At least I hope that's what they're doing and I don't have to wait too long for them. It's inflation gone mad or is it market forces at work? Surely no one would pay those prices.
marieann

Re: Faith Martin

Postby widget » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm

I have just bought the first one on Kindle 99p, looks good,
widget

Re: Faith Martin

Postby marieann » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm

I hope you enjoy it, Widget, I certainly did. I'm listening to the original Paul Temple radio scripts on mp3 at the moment. Hilarious, I always listened to him on the radio but now they seem so strange the upper crust's accents could cut you and anyone below that level uses heavy dialect, way over the top. The special effects between scenes are an odd whistle or a forced giggle but you can hear every word and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
marieann

Return to Anything Goes