Coronation Street

Except Personal Attacks

Coronation Street

Postby Monika » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm

I've watched Coronation Street since its inception and it is the only soap I watch, but I have to say that I am heartily sick and tired of it now.

The Pat Phelan story has truly done it for me, but they are being really edgy lately as I have read that David Platt is going to be drug raped by the new garage mechanic .......... not the time or place is it!

I want to be pleasantly entertained not reminded that there is a world out there which has no place for me and certainly not in my sitting room when I am relaxing.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Coronation Street

Postby dita » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Completely agree with you about Corrie Monika, to be honest that Phelan bloke puts the fear of C...t up me. Not heard the story line of Platt being involved in drug rape thing. Thought soaps were supposed to be light entertainment which was good relaxation for all the family, surely there is enough sex and violence on the news if that turns you on. :hide:
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:41 pm

I have'nt watched corrie for years.My soap used to be Eastenders but just lately I can't be bothered with that either.Its doom and gloom which I don't want.
maggieh

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am

I feel the same as you Monika. All this sex & violence. I hate it - though I must admit the 'Bethany' storyline was good - well written & well acted.

What happened to the 9.00pm watershed anyway?
caroljoyce

Return to Anything Goes