Deer

Except Personal Attacks

Deer

Postby lavonne » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:38 pm

WE have a Muntjack deer come a couple of times a day in our next door ,overgrown,neglected garden ,right up to our fence,,Its a sweet little thing and my son has been feeding it,it now comes when it hears his voice ,he has bought a bag of apples and peanuts ,which it likes,and gets twice a day,it isnt even bothered now by our dog barking at itas it knows he cant get to it
lavonne

Re: Deer

Postby twin1947 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Thats nice for you and it sounds tame.
Its like me and my foxes which have done well out of me since friday as my freezer appears to have been turned off,luckly there wasnt a lot in it.
Be nice if you can take a picture of your new pet.
twin1947

Postby laurie53 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:41 am

Don't expect to see many bluebells!

They have destroyed number of ancient bluebell woods and many botanists see them as a greater threat to our native bluebells than
n the invasive Spanish bluebell.

Introduced species are not always a success, whether squirrels, deer, rhododendron or bluebell.
laurie53

Postby dita » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:46 am

We have quite a lot of wild Deer around here both Fallow & Muntjack, they had originally been escapees from the local Deer Park, now they breed and live happily around us. Odd times we get the odd pure white one.
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:38 pm

Wow you are lucky to see 4 legged wild life walking around you.We only get birds and foxes.Cats and dogs of course.There are more cats in this building than dogs. :roll:
maggieh

Postby laurie53 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:29 pm

dita wrote:We have quite a lot of wild Deer around here both Fallow & Muntjack, they had originally been escapees from the local Deer Park, now they breed and live happily around us. Odd times we get the odd pure white one.

Native deer, like the red, roe and fallow have peacefully coexisted with bluebells for centuries, that's why we still have ancient bluebell woods full of deer.

It is only furriners like the muntjak which is wiping them out.
laurie53

Postby lavonne » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Yes I know these deer are considered pests,but it is very sweet and now knows my son,who feeds it apples and peanuts,it wii often come when it hears his voice. The gardens next to mine are overgrown and neglected so its not doing any harm
lavonne

Return to Anything Goes