Beginning to Feel Old

Except Personal Attacks

Beginning to Feel Old

Postby laurie53 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 am

I suppose it had to happen eventually, of course.

The doctor stopped m painkillers yesterday because of kidney damage and it's starting to drag me down. No suitable replacement.
laurie53

Re: Beginning to Feel Old

Postby dita » Wed May 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Sorry to hear that-------you are between the devil and the deep blue sea now. I have noticed as you reach 80yrs, lots of tests and other NHS available things are stopped, and yet they do say us oldies are getting too many benefits and too well off. They give us meds to help us live longer and be healthier, then because we do exactly that and we get old :( they then cut us down, Is that because we live too long and cost too much for care ????
dita

Postby lavonne » Wed May 02, 2018 7:55 pm

We seem to get passed around to different depts,as we get older.I have problems with my breathing & been in hospital a few times,the hospital now have made it clear they dont want me to go back there & passed me to another health edpt,who checked my b.p/chest daily ,but after 5 days they have passed me to a respiratoy team.Today a Dr visited me,asked did Icall my son when I had difficulties,I said no I call 111/999 but dont like doing this as I dont want to be a nuisance,Dr said I would not be classed a nuisance& should call them as I may need frequent short hospital stays,Talk about going round in circles
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Are you on any inhalers Lavonne? Do you have any cough?
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 am

No, I have cervical and lumbar spondylotis.
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes