Home at last.

Except Personal Attacks

Home at last.

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Well I am finally home and settled down after being in the hospital but still not much better off. I got home about 9 pm last night because I had to travel in the ambulance due to the broken pin in my right hip this time. Now I have got a broken pin in both of my prosthetic hips so I certainly wont be running in the Marathon this year.
What with that and my hand all swollen up and jet black as though I have a pumped up glove on when a nurse was looking for a vein and could NOT find one to give me intravenous antibiotics and steroids for my chest in infection which is not much better.

There were three of them poking and prodding for well over half an hour and I was NOT a happy bunny. After pricking me SO many times and nothing happening and me lookng more like a ruddy salt pot I told them to leave me alone and get the doctor. When he came he said "We will have to give you the antibiotics and steroids orally." :doh:
This got my back up and I said why the hell did they not do that in the first place instead of trying to find veins that were not there plus making my hand look like a big black football.

The answer was when its done intraveniously its quicker. :roll:
I wont tell you what I said. :tantrum2:
I then said well if thats the case I wanted to be discharged and I was quite capable of managing my own tablets at home.
To put the top hat on it I was brought a list of questions before I came out asking what I thought of the treatment and other personal things and to crown it all at the age of 88 I was asked if I was bi sexual. ??????????

Plus when it came to getting my meds this morning I find I am 13 steroid tablets short of the full amount and had to ring the hospital who then told me to ring my doctor.
What a ruddy balls up the NHS is getting into. :evil:
Maywalk

Re: Home at last.

Postby Monika » Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Sounds terrible, Maisie. The world gets crazier with very little hope for the future.

Glad you're home, though, away from all this madness - onwards and upwards ............... lots of cyber hugs :grouphug:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby dita » Wed May 09, 2018 4:27 pm

My God Maisie that is atrocious, but I have heard so much of that sort of thing that has been going on of late I am not surprised, I really need some treatment for a problem but keeping my head down at the moment. My friend was miss- diagnosed with throat C, by the time she was diagnosed the only thing they could offer was radio-therapy, it has made her so ill with not a lot of chance of recovery. Dear Maisie I just wish you well xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed May 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi Maisie, welcome home. Seems you are still in the queue for problems to be sorted. Now don.t go dancing on the green tonight, running out of hips for you to crack up. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Welcome home, Maisie. Despite the short measure of pills and still feeling so unwell, it's just got to be better with your own stuff around you and the sheer peace and quiet. Hospitals are such noisy places. Take it easy, rest and recuperate and let the family look after the every day stuff. Big hug from here. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks everyone.
I am only glad I had my laptop in there but there were SO many threads, such as this one, I could not get into.
However at least it took the boredom off because I was in a room on my own.
This is because in that same blasted hospital I caught MRSA from them when breaking my first hip and my arm well over 14 years ago. I am now a carrier of this and I have to be segregated from any cases due for ops or who have had surgery.
It makes me feel like a ruddy leper. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mind you I had a laugh with the nurses which helped, but to be stuck in a room with such limited space to walk with the walker was driving me nuts especially during the lovely weather. I wasn't even allowed out to walk down the corridoor.
Got to keep the hips going even though the pins have snapped or otherwise I seize up. It's a good job I had my own toilet.
Flipping hand is giving me gip now though.
Maywalk

Postby lavonne » Wed May 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Welcome home my dear, HOPE you will soon be feeling a little better.What is going to happen re the broken pins now ?So sorry to hear of the problems you have had in hospital,makes you wonder if they know what they are doing.Like you there is always a problem for me in finding a vein for a canula . One time a nurse told me she got one of her colleagues to insert a canula,as she could never find a vein in a patient [arent they taught the right place to look ?] . another time I was told to " Stop making those silly noises " by a nurse ,because I was crying in pain as she searched several times to find a vein and it ' was putting her off '. Take it easy now ,dont try to do too much and knock yourself back in hospital :grouphug:
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Cant do anything for me now Lavonne because my bones are SO brittle and having Osteoporos that can be understood especially at my age but I wasn't expecting the sodding addition of my hand as shown.
Attachments
hand 3.jpg
hand 3.jpg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
Maywalk

Postby Monika » Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 pm

Oh Maisie ................ makes me want to weep! :tantrum2:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby marieann » Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am

I don't know how they could let that hand get into that state before trying oral medication. The pain must have been terrible. I'm so sorry, Maywalk, I hope being home soon eases things for you.
marieann

Postby dita » Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Oh! dear Maisie I feel like joining Monika to have a good weep, -------the pain just looking is making me wince xxxxxx
dita

Postby caroljoyce » Fri May 11, 2018 7:57 am

Aw Maisie - I'm glad you're home but I feel so sorry for you.

What help are you getting at home? Is there a care plan in place?
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Fri May 11, 2018 9:22 am

I try to be as independant as I can Carol and all I want someone to do is to bathe my feet and legs and put cream on them because with both hips now having the pins broken or loosened I just cant bend down anymore. I get around with my trolley indoors.
Sod this getting old business I am beginning to feel a ruddy nuisance. :tantrum2: :tantrum2:

Carer should be here in about 30 mins to do the above.
Maywalk

Postby lavonne » Fri May 11, 2018 9:52 pm

How are you feeling today,,Hope there is a little improvement. I sympathise with you ,not pleasant getting old,but you are suffering more ,can you get help to wash/cream your legs/feet from social ?
lavonne

Return to Anything Goes