Not A Good Day (2)

Except Personal Attacks

Not A Good Day (2)

Postby laurie53 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:47 am

Not been too bad this week, temperatures round a comfortable 8 deg but today is pretty sweltering (for me!) 15.

Just changed the bed which is good because it's pretty well done for me and I'll have to climb back into it for the rest of the day!Luckily I prepared lunch yesterday (bed change is always a challenging day).

Oh for the halcyon days of packing a hamper and heading along the Fife Coastal Path (just 400 yards away) looking for dolphins!
laurie53

Re: Not A Goodheers Penny Day (2)

Postby Penny » Sat May 26, 2018 11:59 am

Hope you get well rested Laurie. bed changing can be quite a tiring job as we get older. I used to change sheets etc one a week but now it"s when I can manage it or as necessary. Surprising, works just as well. Old age doesn"t help in any way,just made an effort to wash my hair and it has taken me nearly 3/4 of an hour. Just sitting now with all aches and pains. Enjoy your rest now. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Not A Good Day (2)

Postby Monika » Sat May 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Oh, isn't old-age just the pits!

I used to struggle with bed-making which was mostly due to getting the bottom sheets on and tucked into the mattress. However, I went to Dunelm recently and bought fitted sheets and - what a difference that has made - I no longer dread it.

I'm so sorry, Laurie, to hear of your problems with your every day life and I think you're marvellous how well you deal with it all.

Stay positive.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby dita » Sat May 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Just agree with everything you have all said, and the changing of beds is my exact same solution too Penny, its no good being too anxious. Opening some jars and bottles are a nightmare sometimes with arthritic finger joints, but no good moaning----its just our age :)
dita

Postby laurie53 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:36 pm

As you suggest, stay positive.

Whenever I feel quire low I think of those who would willingly swap places with me, some of them members of this forum

One can always be sure of sympathy and support here (which I 'like to think I contribute to on my better days!).

Thank you all.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat May 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Don't think it necessarily relates to age. I've always needed a lie-down after changing a duvet cover, ever since my 20s. The wretched things take on their own life and beat the will to live out of me. :sad:
These days, I find folding the clean, dry sheets a challenge. Used to do it without a thought but now .....(and OH is about as much use as a chocolate teapot, even supposing he can be found).
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 am

22 degrees forecast for today. Luckily there's a good thick haar si's quite comfortable; 'long may it last.

The foghorn down the harbour is blowing fit to bust, a sound always evocative of childhood on the Bristol Channel, and waking up knowing what it was like even before drawing the curtains.
laurie53

Postby caroljoyce » Mon May 28, 2018 10:08 am

laurie53 wrote:
Oh for the halcyon days of packing a hamper and heading along the Fife Coastal Path (just 400 yards away) looking for dolphins!

Aw laurie, that's such a shame - couldn't you get there on your mobility scooter?
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes, but not in the sun and heat!

Besides, it's not as much fun on your own!
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes