Do you take vitamin tablets???

Except Personal Attacks

Do you take vitamin tablets???

Postby Penny » Sat May 26, 2018 9:05 pm

If so, which ones for what. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Do you take vitamin tablets???

Postby Monika » Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm

I started taking vitamin tablets after I realised that you get shingles when you're "run down". So, I take vitamin C; a multivitamin with Vitamin B12 and B6, magnesium and zinc; Vitamin D; Vitamin E and Omega 3 fish oil.

I told my youngest son to take Omega 3 and Vitamin C when he and his wife kept getting one cold after another and, so far, it seems to be working; it's the longest time they have gone without being ill.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Penny » Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks Monica.hubby and I have been rather tired of late. I did read about Ultra Iron and wondered if that was a good one. Kind of you to reply this late. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Monika » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm

I would look at Vitamin B complex, Penny, for tiredness/fatigue.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby laurie53 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 am

I take a few on my own account - lycopene, saw palmetto, macusheild, but most on my GP's recommendation - vil c, calcium, garlic, fish oil.

Onr tip I picked years ago, again in a doctor's surgery, is that twp dried apricots a day will give you 50 per cent of your dietary fibre (I rely on diet to give me the rest!).
Do check compatibility, some supplements freely available in this country are banned in others, St John's Wort perhaps one of the best known.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Sun May 27, 2018 11:16 am

Thank you both. Very kind of you to reply. Will try the vitamin B and complex. Thanks Laurie, surprisingly I have never eaten apricots. Will let you know improvement shows. Thanks for your help. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun May 27, 2018 11:32 am

I take vitamins especially the "B" and "D"s. also I believe in the old Apple a Day theory.
dita

Postby Penny » Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks Dita, seems we are correct with the fruit bit as we too enjoy apple or grapes daily. Must try this Vit B. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm

I take only a high dose cod liver oil capsule each morning because, rightly or wrongly, I believe it alleviates much arthritic discomfort.
I used to take a whole slew of multi vitamins and minerals when I was leading a mad life on the move, living on hotel and conference catering all week, drinking too much and rarely getting enough sleep. I became anaemic and had to take serious doses of iron each day (side effects not to be recommended but better than collapsing). When I stopped the continuous travel and found a sane job, I started eating proper, balanced self-cooked meals again and stopped the supplements. All my blood tests these days are fine.
OH was put on Vit D last year by his GP because one of the tablets he was taking was depleting his levels. He now doesn't take that medicine any more or the Vitamin D either.
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Mon May 28, 2018 10:17 am

I take a 1000 mg dissolvable vitamin c tablet into which I add 15 drops of Echinacea.

Hopefully this will protect me from the awful virus I suffered from for almost 2 months this past winter.

Never want to feel like that again!!!
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Mon May 28, 2018 10:47 am

This year I am onTo a more full regime of supplements though I have had Glucosamine since the word became known here!
The past two years I have taken Magnesium so the muscles have my attention as much as the joints! Also for heart.
I take Potassium with Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin B12, a Probiotic and most important, Lutein for my eyes because there is no prescribed help for Macular Degeneration.

For three years I have been prescribed Adcal (calcium and Vit D), but it seems not to have been very effective as recent blood tests showed my Vitamin D levels to be near rock bottom. So now I have a daily tablet called Fultium D3.

I have learned the majority of the population in England has some degree of Vitamin D deficiency, to the extent that children are again having Rickets which was associated with the bygone slum poverty, disease and starvation such as Dickens wrote about. Many D-deficient adults feel fine and go through life without the test ever being made.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon May 28, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks all, reading all the above seems the most used vitamin of all is Vit.D. My last letter from the hospital said I should take vitamin D for the next ten years. Have not stopped laughing yet but the chemist insisted she had checked with the Dr and it was correct. Thanks for all folk. cheers Penny. :grouphug: :roflmao:
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Ladies no longer in the first flush of youth are very prone to osteoporosis, Penny, particularly if they are no longer likely to bear children.

Vit D, which helps the absorption on calcium to build bone density, is a sensible precaution.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks Laurie, will continue with the vitamin D. I hope you are feeling better today. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 pm

When taking the prescribed Vitamin D3,(800 iu) a blood test every 3 months is stipulated.
vannin

Next

Return to Anything Goes