Are They Quite Mad?

Except Personal Attacks

Are They Quite Mad?

Postby Monika » Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Just about every tablet you buy comes with a leaflet bearing contra-indications, even those pills which seem quite innocuous. Some of them are very alarming and sometimes prevent me from taking them, kind of just in case I am that 1 in 1,000, or whatever.

So, why are our young people going off to gigs and taking tablets, strong enough to tranquilise cart horses?

I read, this morning, of a young woman at a music festival who has died from taking a tablet which, finally, caused her lungs to fill with blood and liquid. Truly horrible, the poor girl. What is being said is that "it was a bad batch" - but what would be a "good batch" if contra-indications were handed out along with these pills? You can bet your life there would be some serious reactions by a good number of people which, if read, by the "user" would cause them not to risk it.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Are They Quite Mad?

Postby Penny » Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Fully agree Monica, I can't for the life of me see why anyone going out for whatever would want to take a tablet. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Yes my thoughts too.
I am very wary of taking medication as you say so many side effects.
I cannot understand why youngsters take Estacy and lots of other drugs without thinking of the dangers to them.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon May 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Several things I fail to grasp, the first one being why, with strict security on the site, drug sniffer dogs patrolling, drugs were being openly sold at the event?

Another is why, assuming today's teenagers are given the same warnings and shown the same graphic educational films that I was shown at school, as was my daughter, any of 'em would even consider using illegal substances.

Then there's the puzzle of how po-faced so many young people can be about their elders' use of alcohol and tobacco (both of which are at least legal, even if not healthy!), all the while throwing mystery pills down their own throats. Does not compute.

Finally, you have to wonder what makes these young lives so wretched that they can't even have fun, at a festival, a party, a club, without being off their faces first?

But Monika's right. Show the end users a list of ingredients in that 'Bad Batch' and tell them it was cough mixture or analgesic and they'd back away, appalled.
Andere Richtingen

Return to Anything Goes