Rather Sad?

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Rather Sad?

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 am

Lacemaker wrote:I just wish that we could still spend all our birthdays together; I still miss him so very much even though it is now 34 years since he died.
i

Oh dear! I was hoping the pain would ease.

Scarcely an hour goes by without I miss her. This week will be bad, both her birthday and our anniversary.
laurie53

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 am

It eases to a certain extent Laurie, but the hardest part has been not having someone to help with controlling the children (when they were young) or discussing new purchases for the house. I think for a long time I kept noticing how many couples of our ages were walking around hand in hand. It does become easier but you never ever forget. Our little grandson, Ollie, is the image of Bernie, both in looks and temperament. I just wish he could have seen him, he would have been so proud of all his grandchildren.

It makes me very sad to hear people criticise their spouses and moan about how they could have a better life without them. I would have Bernie back like a shot, no hesitation whatsoever.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby laurie53 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Yes, I was a full time carer for her last few years and I'd give anything to see rhat smile as I peeped round the bedroom door.

I was always in trouble when she was in respite care as I used to go and see her every day!
laurie53

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 am

I heard a story of a man who had to hurry away from a meeting because he had another appointment. When he was asked if it was important he said that yes it was as he had to visit his wife, who was suffering from dementia, in her nursing home. When it was pointed out to him that she wouldn’t know whether he was there or not, he replied that perhaps not but he would know.

The staff who criticised you were not as important to you as your wife was, Laurie. She meant far more to you they did and they should have understood that. Good for you.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Previous

Return to Anything Goes