Everything in Moderation?

Except Personal Attacks

Everything in Moderation?

Postby Monika » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:44 pm

It's Brian's birthday today and I took him out for a meal earlier on. He's a very plain eater and, sometimes, it's difficult to take him out to eat as he finds it hard to find anything bland enough. However, one of our neighbours recommended a restaurant where they also have a carvery, so I took him there,being right up his street and he enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed it as I was able to fill my plate with the quantity that I could manage, instead of being presented with an ordered meal which wouldn't go amiss with Desperate Dan. This is usual in today's restaurants and I finish up leaving a good half of what they serve me.

This got me thinking that I would love to find a restaurant where the portions were much smaller, which I would enjoy so much more and would leave me with room for a dessert too.

Having said that, from what I saw of other people's plates in the carvery, I might well be in the minority with this - having witnessed some seriously skillful tower-building of foodstuffs piled on plates they were carefully carrying back to their tables.

How's your appetite?
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Everything in Moderation?

Postby twin1947 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Well im not a big eater,if i see a big plate of food coming towards me thats me done.
Some places do small plates of food but i dont find you get a good selection.
Also im a slow eater and if i,m with anyone who eats quick puts me of eating anymore as dont like being the last one eating.My OH eats far too quick dont know how he can taste what hes eaten.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Just the same with me. I always take a plastic bag with me and some places give me a take away box which makes it look good. I too am a slow eater, my OH finishes mainly before I am halfway so I normally stop , can't bear to be left eating alone. You have my sympathy. Cheers Penny :evil:
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

I have a good appetite and can eat anything put in front of me so long as I like it. :lol:
caroljoyce

Return to Anything Goes