Luxury

Except Personal Attacks

Luxury

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:57 am

New meds have given me a jaded appetite so I've just ordered Corn fed free range chicken in the hope of some traditional flavour.

Watch this space!
laurie53

Re: Luxury

Postby Penny » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Still waiting Laurie. Any news. cheers Penny :mrgreen:
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Not due for delivery ubtil later in the week.
laurie53

Postby laurie53 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Update

Bitter disappointment. Despite being two days within it's use by date, and in the frig as soon as delivered it smelled high. It can only have been badly stored on the delivery run.

I've cooked it, and will check it out tomorrow but it's not good.

I won't get my money back (Tesco) I don't suppose, as they only have my word for it, but I shall certainly let them know.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:56 pm

poor you, I am sorry. Let us hope it cooks better than it smells. Fingers crossed,cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Monika » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 pm

I stopped buying meat from Tesco a long time ago. I only used to buy their free-range chickens but, after the umpteenth time of having to take them back, I decided enough was enough and haven't bought meat products from there since.

Lidl free-range fresh chickens are really lovely and I buy those now and have never been anything but satisfied with the quality of them.

Get some chicken seasoning powder from any supermarket, Laurie, and I think you will most likely enjoy your chicken dinners once more.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Laurie, I believe you will get your money back. Years ago I took a joint of lamb back after cooking it, and was refunded. This year I had a similar joint from Ocado , discovered the problem after cooking (the same day as delivery) When I emailed cust servs, their reply asked me to give details from the label (Batch number and use-by date) and duly refunded my £5.95.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 pm

I've had refunds from both Tesco and Sainsbury in the past for fresh food which has gone off within its "use by" dates: very whiffy bacon from Tesco and Cheshire cheese all green with mould from Sainsbury.
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 am

I think you'll get your money back too Laurie - they're quite good at anything like that.

Give their customer services a phone call or email & you'll be surprised.
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 am

Thank for all the comments and suggestions.

A bit of background.

Since Sainsbury now refuse to deliver to disabled people Tesco is the only one available for on line shopping.

Although I have written to Tesco CS to be fair to them they Only have my word for it that the chicken was stored properly, and within date.
laurie53

Postby Monika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 am

It's very likely, Laurie, that if yours was off, there will be others too. I think you will get a refund.
Monika

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

Oh, yes, a "goodwill gesture is always on the cards, of course. I was just commenting that a formal "claim might be difficult.

The delivery was at 9.30 in the evening so it's possible the bird had been on board for some time,
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:48 pm

laurie53 wrote:Since Sainsbury now refuse to deliver to disabled people ,,,,

Eh??
Since when? That would surely be a breach of the Equality Act of 2010 which applies in Scotland just the same as in England and replaced the 1995 DDA.

They are under no obligation to deliver beyond your doorstep, although they usually do, unless you have dangerous stairs or a similar hazard and won't uNpack for you but they cannot refuse to deliver solely on the grounds of a customer's disability.
If you have met such a refusal, then I'd recommend a formal written complaint to Sainsburys HQ. If that doesn't work, then complain to your MP, MSP & MEP; contact the newsrooms of your local and national broadcasters (R4 You & Yours would probably love to get their teeth into that) and kick up as much fuss as you like on Twitter. If all that doesn't bring them to heel (but it will) then you might want to think about legal action ....
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monika » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:11 pm

I don't think that Sainsburys have banned deliveries to all disabled customers, I know that they banned one disabled lady (when they asked for the name of the delivery driver and she said she didn't know but he was a lovely, coloured man) and the man from Sainsburys called her a racist, telling her that she was now banned from that facility.

The lady meant well and had no intention of slighting anyone, but the politically-correct fanatics see offence where none is intended but is a remnant of the once-considered polite adjectives used by an older generation who are, as yet, unfamiliar with new, ever-changing terminology that makes criminals of perfectly nice, innocent people.
Monika

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 pm

I used to get Sainsbury deliveries no problem, but around April time they changed their policy and will no longer deliver unless there is someone over 18 to sign for the order. Even if I am up, not always the case, I am not normally able to get to the front door.

I have complained directly to the CEO, but they are adamant.

As you say, this is a clear breach of the Equalities Act, but to be honest it is such a hassle to go through the procedure for a formal complaint (I've been there!) that I just can't be bothered anymore.
laurie53

Next

Return to Anything Goes