Breathing problems.

Except Personal Attacks

Breathing problems.

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 pm

I was going to put this in the Health section but it doesn't look as though anyone has visited it for some time.

Just wanted to know if anyone who has Asthma or any kind of breathing problems uses an ionisor.? If so are they any good? When looking on the Asthma site it does not look as though they recommend them. I know Pooh has problems because he has COPD.
I was going to send for one today but I just thought I would check first with others.
Maywalk

Re: Breathing problems.

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:05 pm

No I don't Maywalk,I don't even know what it is. :mrgreen: I have just got 2 fans going lovely feeling the breeze.
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Maggie. Yes I have fans but I very often wake in the night fighting for breath and I am prone to chest infections. Can be rather alarming at times. :roll:
Maywalk

Postby lavonne » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 pm

I have breathing problems ,often worse at night Drs feel I have mix of Asthma/ Emphasemia. I quite often end upin hos
pital unable to breathe.Most times I have bLood tests & xray,given doses on a nebuliser & sent home same day, but some times Im kept in,Ive been trying to get a nebuliser at home but medics wont let me ,if I buy 1 myself they will not supply the liquid to put in it.The reason given, ,- --Because I might use it when I should really be calling 999 & going to Hospital :roll: I dont know anything about Ionisers though sorry,do let me know if you find it helps
lavonne

Postby Monika » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 pm

I used to have an ioniser, Maisie. They had a lot of publicity back in the day when I bought mine, supposed to bring particles down to floor level and make the air better to breathe, being described as the same feeling in the air as is experienced following a thunder storm.

I can't say that I noticed any benefit from it though and just stopped using it after a little while.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Sorry to hear that you too have breathing problems Lavonne and I am in agreeance with the medics regarding the nebuliser because three times this year I have finished up in the hospital thinking it was just another bad turn but it has been found that I had an advanced infection. My son stops with me if he thinks I am not right and it is him who calls the paramedics. Don’t try and doctor yourself let them come to you.

Thanks for getting back to me Monika. At least you have given me your honest view about them. Thanks again.
Maywalk

Postby dita » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 pm

My opinion is exactly the same as Monika, several years ago they were be-all and end-all------cure all, we had one and religiously used it for a couple of years thinking it was going to do all the instructions implied, to be quite honest I really don't think it made any difference and it ran its course and that was that. Sorry Maisie------both OH & I have breathing probs.
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm

lavonne wrote:I have breathing problems ,often worse at night Drs feel I have mix of Asthma/ Emphasemia. I quite often end upin hos
pital unable to breathe.Most times I have bLood tests & xray,given doses on a nebuliser & sent home same day, but some times Im kept in,Ive been trying to get a nebuliser at home but medics wont let me ,if I buy 1 myself they will not supply the liquid to put in it.The reason given, ,- --Because I might use it when I should really be calling 999 & going to Hospital :roll: I dont know anything about Ionisers though sorry,do let me know if you find it helps

I brought 2 nebulisers and the dr did prescribe the tubes for me.But when I saw the copd nurse she stopped them.Unless I get a chesty cough between now and next year my stock will be wasted.Saying that I have 100 of them.
Hope you are breathing better soon Lavonne.And everyone else with dodgy lungs.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Just reading what has been written here and hoping no one gets mixed up because------ Ionisers are different to Nebulisers---------- Forgive me if I have said something out of turn, it is just that they are easy to mix up. We have just ordered a Nebuliser.
dita

Postby Maywalk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Yes you are right Dita they are different.
I have been speaking to one or two who have breathing problems and decided to wait and have a word with the doc about it before I start getting anything.
I have got to get an appointment sorted out to find out if I have COPD anyway.
Yesterdays boiling weather lead me to having a nasty Asthma attack early this morning and that leaves me shattered.
Its a bit cooler today thank God.
Maywalk

Postby dita » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Yes Maisie I think you are wise to do that, I have had a few asthma attacks the last couple of weeks they are ruddy scary and exhausting which puts strain on heart as well as lungs. Take care xxxxx
dita

Postby lavonne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Tomorrow I am going for an assessment to see if breathing excercises will help me
lavonne

Postby lavonne » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 pm

What do you do when you have shortage of breath,be it Asthma or something else?, I think I possibly panic a bit.Ive been told that if my inhalers dont work I must ring 999,but if I do this the ambulance crew give me a dose oxygen then whisk me off to Hospital ,where I have xraY,/blood tests,a canula in my arm,then after so many hours on a trolley Im told Im well enough to go Home.I feel a fraud
lavonne

Postby Monika » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm

Don't feel like that, not being able to breathe properly is really scary and could become life-threatening if left. Don't feel a fraud, lavonne ............ you are not!

Take care of yourself!
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Return to Anything Goes