Difficult to speak to anyone

Except Personal Attacks

Difficult to speak to anyone

Postby lavonne » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 pm

WHY is it so difficult to speak to anyone on the phone these days.I spent most of the afternoon trying to make a payment to Siansburys for the items Ive bought using their credit card, but I was told I could not make a direct payment to them, only by their autmated service [ press this/ that button] not easy when you dont hear very well, or pay on the internet, not everyone has access to the internet,
lavonne

Re: Difficult to speak to anyone

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 am

That annoys me to Lavonne! :evil:
caroljoyce

Postby marieann » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 am

I can understand the frustration but I'd rather mess around like that than give a stranger my card details over the phone. I'm assuming that on an automated system they would be encrypted.
I'm so used to buying on the internet now it seems to just come automatically. I suppose that's the reason firms like House of Fraser are having so many problems. I wonder how people who
couldn't get out managed to shop before the internet. I suppose the large stores would have delivery services but for everyday things people would have had to rely on the kindness of friends
and neighbours or do without.
marieann

Postby laurie53 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 am

I'm not bad with computers (I use one I built myself!) but I find Salisburys' website, both the sore and the bank the most user unfriendly and least intuitive there are. What is worse, they brook no criticism, simply saying, in effect, when you complain, that other people have no problems. Their customer service is palling. I think I mentioned before that they flatly refuse to deliver to me because I am disabled.

For those with the expertise may I recommend you look at the on line payment methods such as PayPal (my method of choice), Google Pay, Samsung Account? Once set up they are very easy to use. Alternatively, if you've got your cookies set right most sites only require the three digit code from the back of of your card (to prove you've actually got it) to use debit card.
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes