Unwanted mail.

Except Personal Attacks

Unwanted mail.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:14 pm

I dont know how others go on with various stuff shoved through their letterboxes but I am really fed up with having to bin stuff as soon as I pick it up.
Todays rubbish was about stairlifts. :tantrum2: :tantrum2:
I live in a bungalow.
I have to try and bend to pick this up off the floor to put it in the waste bin which is not an easy task for me now. :evil:

I will have to get a mail catcher put on the letterbox.
Maywalk

Re: Unwanted mail.

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:56 pm

I was going to suggest a box to catch the mail, Maisie.

It isn't quite so bad here as where we used to live where there was a plague of junk mail. One time, we went away on a Friday afternoon for the weekend, returned on Monday afternoon and I decided to weigh the junk mail received in our absence. There was almost 2 kilos!!!

We put up "No junk mail" signs and some distributors did take notice. Others, for spite, threw their brochures on the doorstep or into the garden; some took no notice and shoved it through the door anyway. Since we moved here, it's less of an issue but there's still too much of it and I get especially I sensed when it's delivered by the postman/woman. We tried the RM opt out service and it simply doesn't work....
Andere Richtingen

Re: Unwanted mail.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Yes it’s about time it was stopped Andere but when thinking again about it that job is employing someone so it’s a case of between the devil and the deep blue sea.
SO many folks being declared redundant nowadays especially with all this shopping on line.
Like many more folk I used to love a browse round the shops but it’s all ruddy take always or cafes now. That is where much of the sodding junk mail comes from to advertise their menus and such.
Mind you I can’t get out to browse now anyway unless it’s in a wheelchair. Oh Boy this growing old business can be a pain at times in more ways than one. Cheers.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes