Help

Except Personal Attacks

Help

Postby Monika » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 pm

We have recently acquired new neighbours next door. They are a young Chinese couple with two small children.

Brian has a glut of runner beans and a few of the neighbours have been given them in recent weeks. Today, he took some round to the new people and she gave him a box of egg rolls. They are kind of hollow little rolls, have no instructions and I don't know what you do with them. Do you have to cook them? (they look cooked on the packet)

Can anyone enlighten me, please?
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Help

Postby widget » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:50 pm

widget

Postby Monika » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks Widget. Unfortunately, I'm none the wiser and still don't know whether they need cooking. Reading that, it looks like they need some kind of filling pushed down the tubes and then (perhaps) fried but would love to know if anyone actually knows for sure - fingers crossed - but thanks for the link anyway.
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Make fillings for them according to your taste, Monika (finely chopped veg and/or shredded cooked meat and with whatever herbs and spices you fancy). Stuff the egg rolls with the fillings, seal the ends with beaten egg and deep fry in very hot oil.

Here's a recipe to get you started:
https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/homemade-egg-rolls/ but you can make it up as you go along. For more recipes, just Google/Bing/whatever for Chinese Egg Roll recipes.
HTH
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monika » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks, Andere. I made some ratatouille last week and froze it - so, looking at your link, I have the notion to stuff them with some of that (chopped up a bit smaller )
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:42 am

I think you'll need to strain the ratatouille quite thoroughly, Monika, or the eggy pastry will go soggy and not fry properly crispy. Let us know how it turns out, won't you?
Andere Richtingen

Return to Anything Goes