Did you watch it

Except Personal Attacks

Did you watch it

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Come Dancing, I thought was dreadful. No real dancing, only bottom wagging, this would not have been too bad had the music not been all thump thump. Far too much chatter and the stupid manner introducing the guest to the partner they were to have and then announcing that they had been practising with the same one for three months. If next Sat. is as bad I won't be watching any more. very disappointed. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Did you watch it

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 pm

I did watch it Penny,I don't know why its meant to be a surprise to us viewers who they are dancing with.As they have already been dancing with them behind the scenes.They must think we are stupid.
The proper dancing show for us starts in 2 weeks time I believe.There is a good line up this year.But its a shame not to see Brendan there.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Am just going to put on what I thought about Come Dancing--------Quoted from goodmorning thread BY Penny.
:)
I'm pleased you brought it up because I would have if you hadn't------I agree with every word you said :) It was an insult to the art of Ballroom Dancing .
dita

Postby Monika » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:38 pm

I watched it and thought it too long, too manic and too noisy, and the infantile Claudia really got on my nerves. I think it could be much improved if the audience were forbidden to scream and shout and the same applied to the dancers when they get into the upstairs room which resembles a kindergarten for hyperactive infants. Like you, Penny and dita, I was very, very disappointed.

I think it may be losing its popularity now - it certainly is with me.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby twin1947 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:40 pm

I have watched it in the past and enjoyed it,but didnt turn it on lastnight doesnt look as though i missed much.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Just as well, may have put you off forever. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Lacemaker » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am

I used to do a lot of competitive ballroom dancing before I was married but I stopped watching these shows a long time ago.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes like you Lacey I used to do a lot of dancing which included ballroom and square dancing plus jitterbugging and tango.
A gang of us used to go out every Saturday night and dance to the big band sound.
I went off Come Dancing many moons ago.
Maywalk

Postby maggieh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:25 am

Well I thought it was dancing tonight.But it was advertised on tv just now that its on next Saturday at 6.15.Will tune in then and see how it goes.
maggieh

Return to Anything Goes