Lovely To Be Remembered.

Except Personal Attacks

Lovely To Be Remembered.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm

It would have been my 68th wedding anniversary on the 17th of this month and my son and d-i-l took me to the open day of
https://www.rainbows.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaI ... gLhePD_BwE
This is because 14 years ago any books that I have written have had all proceeds after printing costs taken out passed on to this wonderful place. Myself and my family have supported them ever since.
Cliff and I also bought a glass brick to have our 60th wedding anniversary placed in the glass wall they have recording many other special occasions of many who help fund this wonderful place.

When going round today it shows where the money has helped out with the fantastic things they have there and beautiful gardens plus special equipment for children to play with. It was in fact MOST humbling.
They had SO much there to look at we decided to call in for a coffee in the big tea tent they had provided.
While sitting there one of the staff came to me and said "Are you the lady who wrote the WW2 book around 13 years ago with all proceeds to come here?"
My son and d-i-l like me was astounded that she could even remember me and it was the last thing we expected.

It finished up with a photographer taking photos and others calling over to see me while sitting there. They also wanted my phone number because they want to keep in touch with me. I felt flattered and tearful at the same time and only wish Cliff could have shared it with me.
A lovely humbling day and everyone had a smile on their faces. It made a super change plus the weather was brilliant.
Maywalk

Re: Lovely To Be Remembered.

Postby dita » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi Maisie it is wonderful for you to be remembered like that and a credit which you truly deserve, I recall some of those memories and I also have books too. Can understand the emotion of it all because Cliff had a hand in it all and was giving you so much encouragement. Just shows how many folk have smiled :grouphug: because of things you have done to make their lives better-------Congratulations xxxxxxxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks Dita.
Its been a lovely day and it has also helped with remembering about our wedding anniversary when seeing the glass brick.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 pm

You're a very special person Maisie.

I'm glad you've had a lovely day. :)
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks Carol but I cant claim to being special.
Just an old biddy who knows I have been extremely lucky to get to the age I am, especially when I know that many of the inmates of that hospice wont even reach puberty.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:08 pm

You don't have to 'claim' anything Frolique, you just are special and a lot of us know that! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am

Aw Michael. :oops:
That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thankyou....... Just dont let Pooh see it. :lol:

Where have all the years gone since many of us met here on this website? Many great memories of lovely folk we used to know here which started way back in 2005.... All through modern day technology.
Yes I REALLY am a VERY lucky lady.

The Forum.

I see many different religions and meet folk from another land
I have seen them join in together and shake a cyber hand
A forum is made up of different folk from all walks of life
Many come in to help them forget their everyday strife
We sympathize in a member's sorrow and their distress
And join in when there is good news to spread the happiness
All forums are made up of many different personalities
Including many differing creeds and lots of nationalities
So if anyone gets cantankerous dont let it get you down
Just join in another thread and wipe away the frown
I just like to have a bit of fun although I can be serious too
My discussion days are over I leave that all to you
No matter who or what you are whether big or small
I just like to read the posts so God Bless You All.

Copyright © - Maisie Walker 2018 - All rights reserved
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am

Maywalk wrote:Aw Michael. :oops:
That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. Thankyou....... Just dont let Pooh see it.

How's it goin' Thunder Thighs?....You still runnin' that Leicestershire brothel?

Poohdog

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:51 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You silly sod Pooh.
I might have known you would come back with something. How are you keeping?????????
We dont see a lot of you on the forum now, although I dont call in all that often myself now but when I DO manage to struggle into the computer room I like to read the posts.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes