Bleeding

Except Personal Attacks

Bleeding

Postby lavonne » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Last night I got everything ready for bed then noticed I was bleeding on 1 hand,but where from? I didnt remember cutting myself,but fast as I leaned my hand it bled again,then I found it,a small 'dig' from a foil packet on tablets,it took me a long time to stem the bleeding lol
lavonne

Re: Bleeding

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Sometimes, it feels like ordinary household items are deliberately out to get us. I've had your experience with foil pill packages: really irritating when you do it at bedtime and wake to find you've bled all over the sheets. :tantrum2: This morning I bought a new nail brush from the local pharmacy. It was packed in a rigid blister pack that there was no way into except with a hefty pair of household scissors. I escaped unscathed this time because I put on a pair of work gloves before I started but those things are vicious if they cut you! I wonder if the people who devise packaging ever actually buy and use the products?
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Some yeast ago, before I retired, I brushed past a table on my way back from lunch and felt my trousers gently catch on something.

A few minutes later I felt something wet and found my truser leg and shoe soaked in blood.

Finding somewhere private to drop my trousers I found a small, minuscule, puncture wound in my thigh, and after ten minutes or so I still could stop the bleeding.

I was in the service so went to the medical centre to get it sorted. Miss Bloody Minded was on reception an directed me to wait.

After some twenty minutes, with a big pool of blood round my feet I waited until a medical officer was stood at her desk and said, quite loudly, "If everybody's too busy give me a roll of plaster and I'll treat myself, but I'm not going to mop up tje blood."

Shocked reactions and she said "I didn't resize you were still haemorrhaging."

I was Senior NCO of some twenty years seniority (and considered to be a bit crusty!) and I said, "As a health professional tell me which part of 'I cannot stop the bleeding' do you find it difficult to understand?".

Instant attention!

However, relevance of my story. When the nurse had got me on the table and cleaned up there was no sign of any bleeding, and she had to use a glass to find the wound!

How embarrass. Not even the need of a plaster! Luckily she could see that I had been bleeding badly and said I ha done the right thing.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Good grief! It's a good job you're not haemophiliac. Did you ever find out what it was that snagged and caused the injury?
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:34 pm

It was hard enough to find the tiny pin prick. let alone what had caused it!
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes