I feel honoured.

Except Personal Attacks

I feel honoured.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Last Saturday my son and d-i-l took me to the Rainbows Hospice that I have been supporting for well over 15 years,
The money collected for it has been spent well to help these unfortunate folk and it was a fantastic day out.

While there and sitting in my wheelchair at a table because my son and d-i-l went off to get a cup of coffee
a young lady came to me and asked me if I was OK.
We got chatting and she asked me if I had ever been before and was quite surprised when I said I had been
supporting the Hospice for many years and any books that I had written had all proceeds paid to the Hospice
after printing costs taken out and I go every year to see any improvements that had been made to the Hospice.

We had a pleasant chat together and she asked me if she could take my phone number.

I have just received a call from her asking me if I would go and talk to the older inmates of the hospice and their families
about my life through the war years when she got it sorted out with the organiser.

It is a lovely surprise and she told me not to worry about transport they would be picking me up and taking me
home again afterwards.
Maywalk

Re: I feel honoured.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:25 pm

It's good to know you're still in demand Maisie.

Go and enjoy. :)
caroljoyce

Re: I feel honoured.

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks Carol.
To be honest its been an all go time with many groups coming to me on Facebook asking me for my tales of the war years and postwar days. Many folk want to know what it was like way back then in many aspects and it is surprising how many from other countries are coming to me too.
It helps to take my mind of the constant aches and pains. :lol:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes