Disability Badges

Except Personal Attacks

Disability Badges

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:52 pm

I was watching TV the other morning and a programme was on regarding the amount of folk who park in the disabled places and do not have a disabled person on board. Plus those who DO have a badge in their window but still got no disabled person aboard.

While the camera was on a car that had done this the copper who was watching went to him and asked him why he had a disabled badge in his window. The chap said it was because he was shopping for the disabled person.
You can imagine what the copper said and it surprised me when the copper said “Even if the disabled person was sitting in the car it would still be an offence because once the disabled badge goes in the window that disabled person HAS to get out to prove that they are disabled and do the shopping they had gone to do.”

It reminded me of when my son took me to the doctors and I was given a prescription that we took straight to the chemist. My son said to me “Don’t bother trying to struggle out Mum. It wont take a minute or so to get it just let me put your disability card in the front“. I naturally stopped in the car after the badge was placed but I can only say it’s a good job there were no cops about if the above is the case because my son would have been fined.
Seeing that above I should have struggled out of the car to get the medication and then struggled back in again. It would have been ruddy painful and a long process getting in and out the car for medication that only took less than five minutes to get together. :dunno:
Maywalk

Re: Disability Badges

Postby laurie53 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Which country was it Maisie?

In England disabled spaces are no legally enforceable, and only some of them in Scotland, and in Scotland it is not a police matter anyway.

People don.t realise that not all disabilities are visible nor do they necessarily require a wheelchair.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:03 pm

This country Laurie. Its a programme that has been coming on in the mornings on BBC1 between 11am and 12.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:06 am

Which country is "this" country?

England and Scotland have different regulations.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 am

England Laurie.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:49 pm

I wonder if it was set up just for television?

Improper use in England is normally a civil matter and would be dealt with by clamping (illegal in Scotland).
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes