Old Friends

Except Personal Attacks

Old Friends

Postby lavonne » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Have you ever met an old friend /aquaintance you have not seen for a very long time ? I ofet wonder about the people I used to know & wonder how theyre gettting on,but so far,I havent met anyone.I did advertise in a magazine for a couple of old friends but got no response
lavonne

Re: Old Friends

Postby twin1947 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Yes i did a few weeks ago,I hadnt seen her for 30years since our sons were at infant school.
I wont be meeting her again either.
twin1947

Postby laurie53 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 am

In forty years in the armed forces this happened all the rime. You, and quire often your wife simply picked up where you left off, though children you had known as babies were quite bemused to be picked and hugged by an apparent stranger some twenty years later!

The longest was 30 years, someone I joined up with in 53 I met again in 83, though he wasn't a friend as such, just someone to chat to and have a drink with.

On my final base, in 1993, I met up with someone I hadn't seen since 1974. They were close enough to exchange weekend visits with.

For obvious reasons you only kept in touch with a special few. I still exchange Christmas cards with just two, from 88 and 91.
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:52 am

In 2002 I organised a class reunion for my high school year group. Despite some trepidation, it was enormous fun. Some of us hadn't been in contact since the mid 60s and it was fascinating catching up with so many people and learning of the lives they'd led. Some of us have stayed in touch since and are getting together on Saturday at the official Old Girls' annual lunch so much gossiping will be done.

I've also been to a couple of reunions for my student nursing intake which have been fun. There were 16 of us started training in 1967 and I've maintained regular contact and friendships with five of them ever since, even though I was an early drop-out from the course).

I did once literally bump into an ex boyfriend in the street but it was obvious he hadn't a clue who I was and, as I had once thought him the love of my life, I felt quite deflated!
Andere Richtingen

Return to Anything Goes