Crazy or sensible?????????

Except Personal Attacks

Crazy or sensible?????????

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 pm

I have started throwing a lot of stuff out now that I have accumulated over the years and asking my friends and family if they would like a memento when I am gone.
I have over the years collected a lot Swarovski Crystal that my d-i-l has now got and treen consisting of beautiful wooden carved animals and many of these are already spoken for I am pleased to say by friends and family.
My direct family have already told me what they want but I just wanted a good home for anything else that I just cant bear to think will finish up in a charity shop.
While doing this I went in my hubbys side of the wardrobe and to be honest I went to get the paper shredder that had been moved over that side by my son because I am also shredding many old bills and statements. It takes me all my time now to bend down but with much grunting and ohs an ahs I finally managed to get the flaming thing. As I went to lift it a book fell off and I picked it up with my grabber.It is the manual below that belonged to hubby and he bought that when we first had "Betsy" our Ford Classic way back in 1960s. I did not want to bin it so I contacted the The Ford Owners Club and the manual has finished up in the hands of a keen collector. I am more than pleased that it has found a good home rather than the waste bin.
Am I being morbid or sensible????????????
Attachments
Ford Manual.jpg
Ford Manual.jpg (14.84 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Maywalk

Re: Crazy or sensible?????????

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Not morbid, Maisie!
I think it's great that you're prepared to go to the time and trouble of finding a good home for things like that old Ford manual. So many things like that end up in a skip when there are people out there who would like them and can put them to good use. It's getting people and objects together that's the problem, although the internet helps enormously in that regard.
Today, I went to my old high school's reunion lunch and an old classmate handed me a 1938 Lincolnshire Road Cars bus timetable, saying she can't remember where she got it but could I or the transport museum where I volunteer find a use for it? It may well find a home in the museum archive but, if not, it will be sold at one of our events to raise funds for the museum. I've no idea what kind of person wants to buy old timetables but there are a lot of them out there so I'm glad my friend didn't just put it in the recycling bin.
Round of applause from the preservationists for Maisie and my friend, Lynne :clapper:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Thanks Andere.
Its good to know that someone elses thinks the same.

Its surprising what folks collect and many of the items have a story behind them which reminds me of my f-i-ls buses that he owned way back in the 1920s and having one with a piano at the back of the driver.
I have never known anyone else owning one.
I have a copy of the plan of the bus but no photo and way back then it cost £800.
Unfortunately he went bankrupt because the Midland Red took over the roads.
I found it all fascinating.
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Good idea Maisie....and if I can help in any way let me know. I can relieve you of any scrap gold,silver,platinum or gem stones....

Don't worry about posting them to me...I'll get my chauffeur to pick 'em up at no cost to you.
:fing:
Poohdog

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:33 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That giggle has done me more good than all the sodding meds Pooh. Thanks.
I will see what I can dig out. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't see anything morbid about what you're doing.

It's good that Betsy's manual has gone to a good home.
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am

Thanks Carol.
My family knows that I have a list on my computer of names and which memorabilia they have chosen.
Once one starts looking it surprising what is collected over the years plus any tales to go with the said item.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes