Toe nails.

Except Personal Attacks

Toe nails.

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:34 am

I cut mine this morning after my shower and what a performance!

My big toe nails are so hard & horny that even with clippers I had a job doing them.

I'm thinking of booking a regular appointment with a chiropodist to get them done & and hard skin etc at the same time.

Do you cut your own toe nails and how often?
caroljoyce

Re: Toe nails.

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Carol, I used to go to a chiropodist quarterly, only for general maintenance of feet. I had a tendency to corns and hard skin. Over a period of about four years his fee for half an hour gradually went up from £27 to £40!! That was were I said 'enough is enough', I know four times a year is not very much but I had heard about AgeUK having Foot Care Home Visitors charging only £18 for a whole hour, every ten weeks. They have done a training course but not quite to the level of a qualified Chiropodist... or Podiatrist as they are nowadays.

I have now had Miriam visiting for four years. I always pay her £22, not £18, well worth it. She fills the hour with good foot treatment, so they feel like new afterwards, and there is also lots of chatting At a stretch I can still cut my nails with scissors as they are not unduly hard yet, and I can't expect them to wait ten whole weeks without cutting!!

I also have a hairdresser from the AgeUK facility, only for trims. She charges only £18 too so I always make it £22. She has been coming for over three years. It is so much more relaxing than finding one in town, and there are staff changes.

Also on the list are handy-persons and cleaners and gardeners for those who are looking. It is worth looking up the website.
vannin

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm

It must be much cheaper in my area Viv.

Last December I had a small corn on the inside of my little toe.
It really hurt so I went to a chiropodist in modest premises on the outskirts of our local town. He treated my corn, hard skin & cut my toe nails.

He only charged me £20. This was just a one off visit but he's the one I'll be going to again. He was very good.
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Not any more, Carol, I can't get down to them any more.

Just started using the podiatrist (which is quite different from a chiropodist) in the local health centre, which is free of course.
laurie53

Postby widget » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:44 pm

I go to our local chiropodist every 8 weeks, charges £19, don't think that's to bad, suites me.
widget

Postby twin1947 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:15 pm

I can still cut my own nails.
twin1947

Postby Maywalk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 pm

I only wish I could get down to my feet Carol.
I have a chiropodist call every six weeks to keep my toenails in trim. Her fee is £22 but no massaging. Just the cutting of my toenails and does not take more than 20 minutes which suits me.
My hairdresser comes every week although she is retired herself and will be 70 this month. I have had her for well over 40 years now so we are old friends but I still pay her £20 because she comes from the next town.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes