Go Fund

Except Personal Attacks

Go Fund

Postby twin1947 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:09 pm

What do you all think when you see on different sites that someone has either died or something has happened in there life,an family or friends start a Go Fund Me to raise money for them to help with either paying for funerals or if abroad hospital fees or anything.
I dont agree with it myself,so what are your thoughts on it.
twin1947

Re: Go Fund

Postby Monika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Dreadful cheek - how dare they!

People nowadays seem to think everything should be free, that you don't have to work for anything. If you don't have it, you're entitled to it "as your right". If you can't afford to throw a party for your child then send a cash request with the invitation.

I would like to go to warmer climes for the next six months :roll: ................................
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Monika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Isn't this highlighting the differences between the people of the past generations and the present? The priorities all adults observed was 1.saving for your old age; 2. making sure that you left your loved ones enough money to pay for your funeral. If you went on holiday you took out the appropriate insurance, "just in case"" and, generally, if you were unable to afford something you went without.

The other thing was that you knew that if you didn't go to work, then you would be quite poor; you knew that nobody owed you a living, so you got off your backside and did something about it. What has happened to the younger generations, in just about every aspect of this broken society all boils down to having absolutely NO PRIDE.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:20 pm

I've never seen this on a site but if I did, I wouldn't subscribe to it.

How do you know it's not a scam?
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 am

Alex Salmond has started such a fund to fund a civil case against the Scottish Government, and I wouldn't have thought he was short of a bob or two. As an ex MP he'll have a pension (and perks) that most of us can't even dream of!

Each case on its merits I suppose, but I've never contributed to one yet, or even read one to the end,
laurie53

Postby maggieh » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:30 pm

I don't agree on these Go Fund me things.I would never give to one.There was one the other week where some one was moving into a flat.And they needed to furnish it.

When I first moved into a house years ago I hardly had anything.Youngsters today want it there and then.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm

My feelings exactly Maggieh.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:47 pm

I heard about Alex Salmond and thought it must be a joke and, if anyone did actually donate, he'd have the decency to give the proceeds to charity . Ye gods!

No way I'd ever give anything to these appeals; I am so utterly sick of all these people with a sense of entitlement.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:22 pm

Never seen it Twin and if I did I would ignore it.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes