Re: FOR DITA

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:52 am

A nice smart vehicle but very off-putting if parked at home. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:24 pm

widget wrote:11 views, no comment, :hide: :sunglasses:

Well that's killed that off :butt:
:grouphug: Thanks Penny you are right about that...… A dear friend of mine died earlier in the year, we used to sit in our garden for hours chatting and laughing :dunno: No comment about that either.

Thanks Deja. :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Penny's right; it is very smart but I guess could be a little intimidating if you weren't feeling very well!

Years ago, we spent a couple of nights in Ostend, Belgium in a hotel with no car park where you had to take pot luck on the streets nearby. The first night, the nearest available space was right in front of a British registered Daimler hearse. Nobody (and no body) in it but it was quite dusty and travel stained and the registration made it around 25 years old. We were intrigued to spot a sticker in the rear window proclaiming it to be a member of the Classic Hearse Register which, even as vintage vehicle enthusiasts, we'd never heard of. We saw the same car parked nearby on the second night but we never saw the owners. After we got home, I checked out the Classic Hearse Register and was fascinated to discover there is a whole sub set of classic car enthusiasts out there, owning and preserving old hearses!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Andere you are quite right about the Classic Hearse Reg, in fact that hearse was used at Whitby Gothic Fair for one place, she used to make and collect all kinds of stuff to sell throughout the country at the different fairs. It didn't always look as smart as on the pic. Not disappointed that its gone I had thought of selling a few wreaths just to give me more enthusiasm about living next door to it but found myself keeping out the garden instead -- until our your man came around Penny and helped me out. xx :grouphug:
dita

Return to Anything Goes