No Longer Fit to Live On My Own

Except Personal Attacks

Re: No Longer Fit to Live On My Own

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm

I originally had Tesco, until the day the driver trod dog poo from the pavement, through my hall and into the kitchen. :tantrum2: Then I had Sainsbury until a driver tried to provoke argument about the house numbering being consecutive instead of odds one side, evens the other. Twas not I who numbered them. :rant:
Ever since then, seven years, I have used Ocado, no problems.
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:15 pm

I did think once of trying Ocado. found and they deliver stuff for Waitrose, who also have a separate delivery ,

Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:25 am

I would use Ocado, but they only operate round Edinburgh and Glasgow.
laurie53

Postby dita » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Well I have had no dog poo trod through into my kitchen or any other nasty happenings, nor nasty comments of any description during delivery for at least 5 or 6yrs +. When I order if I do Not want substitutes there is a box to tick and occasionally things are a little near their use by date but this is rare. On the other side of the coin it saves us lugging it in and out of the shop after pushing and pulling a heavy trolley about and having to drive several miles to achieve the job-----and all for £1. I am more than grateful for the service :)
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Same here Dita with Sainsbury's' Cost delivery depends on their busy days. I order for Wed, morning and it is just 1 pound. Stopped raining here but dull and chilly. Just using new machine for second loaf, first I made yesterday was super. Pleased OH made me have a new machine. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Sainsbury would still be my srore of choice if only they would deliver to me, but they are adamant that they will no longer do so.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 pm

laurie53 wrote:Sainsbury would still be my srore of choice if only they would deliver to me, but they are adamant that they will no longer do so.

Is it because you order less than they are prepared to deliver Laurie?
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am

No, simply because they will no longer deliver to disabled people. They have a new policy which means they will no longer leave goods in a designated safe place.

I've posted about this before. It's illegal but it is really too much hassle (downloaded template letters, fecorde delivery etc) to bt them before the Commissioner.

When I was younger I wouldn't have hesitated, but now I can't face the hassle.

With Armistice Day coming up I wonder if my local daily would be interested in their refusal to deliver to a disabled War Pensioner!!
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:02 pm

If you feel justified concerning your feelings about this Laurie then go ahead with contacting your local paper for them to print it.
Before you do that though why not contact http://veteransassociationuk.co.uk/ to see if they can either advise or help.
Its worth a try because reading down the front of the site they seem to help quite a few, or try SSAFA.
Good luck.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm

I am sorry to read about delivery Laurie, but I think you will find they will not allow to let the deliverer drop the good anywhere but with the person at the address given. It would be easy for others to help themselves and it would end in court cases. Penny.
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Thank you, Maisie,I'll have look at their site. I might also get in touch with the Legion.

Penny, I'm afraid that argument doesn't hold water. I have been using the "designated place" option for more than ren years for everything from a £900 snartphone to a tin of baked beans without a problem.

Every supplier and courier in the country, including Sainsbury until they changed their policy earlier this year, uses the system. It is clearly understood the risk is mine and some take a photo to cover themselves. This does not include age restricted goods of course.

I have never lost a single item, and I get half a dozen deliveries a week.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Well, I did not know of another change. Be interested to know how you get on with the association Maisie mentioned. cheers Penny
Penny

Previous

Return to Anything Goes