70th birthday

Except Personal Attacks

Re: 70th birthday

Postby laurie53 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:21 pm

vannin wrote:
laurie53 wrote:Thank you, Maisie.

It's not a lack of kindness; some of my mistakes cause genuine confusion, as with mesmeric instead of cosmetic, and I can only smile when I am gently chided for Vermin instead of Varmin!

It is however, down to me to do what I can, and cutting down on posting is part of that.

:sunglasses: I can smile too Laurie but........wrong again. It is not even Varmin but Vannin = VANNIN. You know, a Manx word. :ithanku:

Sorry, whoever you are! I cannot expand that large enough for me to read, ahich illustrates my point erectly!

I'm outta here.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Why are you outta here? :dunno: I have been kind and especially because we have a lot in common, I feel sympathy. So I injected humour in my post. :?

If you took my comment to be offensive, I can only apologise and leave too.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 pm

PLEASE< LAURIE AND VANNIN DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM. Now that we all understand the problem we will not be making remarks that obviously hurt. Just keep going, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 am

vannin wrote:Why are you outta here? :dunno: I have been kind and especially because we have a lot in common, I feel sympathy. So I injected humour in my post. :?

If you took my comment to be offensive, I can only apologise and leave too.

I certainly did not take offence at your post, nor have I ever found anything offensive in this forum.

This has got out of all proportion.

My posts are increasingly causing confusion to some members. As the one causing the confusion it is up to me to do something about it, not those being confused!

I have recently withdrawn from two other forums for the same reason, without causing comment.

A post such as this takes me more than forty minutes. Bad enough for normal, general interest, posts, but to spend a similar time to explain, and apologise for, spelling mistakes beyond my control is a bit tiresome, so I try to eliminate the necessity!

It's no big deal.
laurie53

Postby Monika » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 pm

You are a proud man, a pragmatic and honest man, Laurie, so, sadly, we must bid you farewell - not before sending you my good wishes for your future well-being. It would be nice to think that some of the difficulties you experience now may well be addressed and resolved at some future date.

In the meantime take good care of yourself and all the very best to you for Christmas and the coming year. MONIKA (NOT MAISIE :lol: )
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:42 pm

I SECOND THAT> CHEERS PENNY
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 pm

How kind. Thank you.

I shall still look in from time to time while I can, even if I don't post.
laurie53

Previous

Return to Anything Goes