Do You Support A Charity?

Except Personal Attacks

Do You Support A Charity?

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:02 pm

I have been talking to my granddaughter and her mother this afternoon about Xmas collections for various charities and they collect food for a local kennels that take in stray dogs and look after them till they get another home.

They also buy food to go to the food bank for those in need which is a wonderful idea as long as it is not being abused.
I say this because when I had my first cleaner, employed by the local cleaning firm, I was rather taken aback at seeing her very much covered in tattoos. I was rather surprised and felt rather annoyed when she said to me one day after she had finished my clean that she was now going to the food bank to get stocked up. To be honest I had never heard of the food bank in the little place where I live.
She had two lads of workable age at home but they preferred drinking and smoking from what I could gather and most likely claim benifits.To crown her statement of going to the food bank she stated that she was booked in for another tattoo the following week across her back. :roll:

She got into trouble with the police for carrying a knife and I told the agency NOT to send her to me anymore.
This is the sort of person who uses food banks when her tattoo money could be spent on grub.

There are genuine folk who need a bit extra to feed a family but when one hears of this sort of thing happening it certainly puts me off. Am I being mean?????

I put odd change into various charity boxes when out but I have supported for well over 16 yeas now the Childrens Hospice below. All proceeds from any books I have written after printing costs taken out goes to them plus a monthly donation through the bank.

https://www.rainbows.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaI ... gJsvPD_BwE
Last edited by Maywalk on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maywalk

Re: Do You Support A Charity?

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Fullly agree about the tattoo bit, I don't know how they have the nerve. For me, many years ago I visited a hospice where a neighbour had been taken, have contributed ever since, also a sanctuary for dogs in Norfolk. Very careful about others. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes