For Andere

Except Personal Attacks

For Andere

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:40 am

Just to let you know about the Stollen.,items in---

wheat flour,raisins,sugar,syrup, poppy seeds egg, water, yeast, dextrose, wheat-starch, potato starch, emulsifier, mono-and diglycerides of fatty acids, sale, spice extracts, acidity regulator, sodium acetates. Simply dreadful and so dry no spirits what-so-ever. What is yours like? does it have a name. This on is called Favorina. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: For Andere

Postby twin1947 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:29 pm

I went to Aldis today and brought a minature stollen cake with apple in,havent tried it yet. :lol:
twin1947

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Probably quite nice, I should have read the label, never heard of one full of poppy seeds. All the inner soft parts looked black. Good luck with yours. cheers penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi, Penny - here are some pics of the stollen we like so much. As you see, it's an own-brand from Lidl and completely different from the one that you fed to the birds! To my mind, this one also has too much icing sugar on top but it's easy enough to brush off before you cut it or even afterwards. It seems to have more marzipan than most (which I love) and it's spiralled into it, like a Swiss roll, rather than only one central strip. This makes the whole cake less dry than many stollen, although still quite dry Not sawdusty though!

Reading through the ingredients list for yours and mine makes me wonder why I'm buying ready made stuff at all. Some of those ingredients barely qualify as food, i fear. Good job it's only on sale for a few weeks every year!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Looks identical Andere except that my filling looked black. Anyway, had word granddaughter has made the cake so I won't have to bother any more Both I and her other grandmother spent hours teaching both g/children to cook and it paid off well. Hope you enjoy yours, did,t see that one when I went to Lidl. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes