Quick Work.

Except Personal Attacks

Quick Work.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 pm

I have started clearing a lot of stuff out just of late mainly because its either not being used or books and such like that have accumulated over the years. Today I decided to finally get rid of my hubby’s record collection of the swing era which was of the big band sound from the 30s through to the 80s.

I knew they would not be of much interest to anyone nowadays because they would not appreciate hearing and making out the words of songs in today’s society.
Anyway I belong to a 1940s group and I put it on there saying that I will leave it on for a week and if no one wants them they would have to be taken to the tip. It had only been on the site for 10 minutes when someone contacted me asking if she and her hubby could give them a home. Her hubby will be coming from Daventry tomorrow to take the whole collection. I am more than pleased to know that they will bring as much pleasure to them as what they did to hubby and I.
Maywalk

Re: Quick Work.

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 am

Vinyl is the in thing again now maisie.

I'm glad they're going to a good home where they'll be enjoyed. :)
caroljoyce

Re: Quick Work.

Postby Maywalk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:00 pm

The couple have just gone Carol taking all the records that were in the units. I have a feeling there are many more records in the loft but I wil leave that to my family to dispose of.

Had an interesting chat with the couple because they take the records with a player to old peoples homes and they say how satisfying it was to see the elderly clapping their hands to the music or singing the tunes of long ago.
It would be what my hubby would have wanted.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes