Would you eat anything if you were really hungry ?

Except Personal Attacks

Would you eat anything if you were really hungry ?

Postby Young Goat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:22 am

This morning I put my cats down some food but they hardly touched it. They were last fed 12 hours ago so they ought to be hungry, so I can only presume they don't like the brand or flavour I have given them.
It prompts the question, If you were really hungry would you eat something you didn't like ?
Young Goat

Re: Would you eat anything if you were really hungry ?

Postby maggieh » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:20 pm

If Liver was dished up to me I would stay hungry as there is no way I could eat it. :sad:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 pm

They're cats, YG! They derive their amusement from making their purrsons jump through dietary hoops. Something they adored yesterday will be considered unfit for feline consumption today, immediately after you've been out and bought a Very Large Box of it. Aggrav,ating but an unavoidable aspect of being allowed to share a cat's house.

To answer the question: it depends how hungry! If it was a case of eat-it-or-die, then I guess I'd eat anything, even anchovies. Bananas would be a problem, even so. I dislike them and they dislike me even more so there wouldn't be much sustenance value in those.

If it was merely a case of, if you don't eat this, there's nothing until tomorrow then I'd wait until tomorrow rather than force down anchovies ....
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:30 am

Good question Young Goat.

I think I'd die of starvation!!
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Had food forced down my throat that I did not like when I was in the Sisters-of-Mercy home and finished up regurgitating it.
To answer your question Young Goat I think I would sooner starve than keep pumping up.

Was it the usual food that you put down for the cats? Perhaps its their way of telling you that they need a change. :dunno:
Maywalk

Postby Young Goat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:37 am

6 hours later half of it had gone ! Not sure which cat (of 2) had eaten it, but they had to wait until 8pm for any more. I didn't put down any extra.

On a personal note I can't bear anything in my mouth that has gelatine on it or is extremely slimy. Jellied eels make me puke, I loathe bananas because they go mushy in the mouth or anything with a lot of soft fat on.
In short, I'd rather go hungry than eat things I hate
Young Goat

Return to Anything Goes