Stabbings

Except Personal Attacks

Stabbings

Postby twin1947 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:24 pm

All theses stabbings are really horrible i have just seen another young lad has got stabbed age 15,what is this world coming too.
twin1947

Re: Stabbings

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:39 pm

It seems to get worse week by week. Wish I knew what we can do. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Poohdog » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Penny wrote:It seems to get worse week by week. Wish I knew what we can do. cheers Penny

Slash overseas aid....double cops on the street

It will never happen
Poohdog

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Quite agree Poohdog, Super to hear from you. Hope all going well. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Yes to more cops out there and, while we are waiting to train new recruits, remove all protection officers from guarding politicians and royalty so they can do more useful work catching criminals.

Make penalties tougher: 10 years and no parole for carrying a knife; 25 years without parole for stabbing someone and, for killing someone with a knife, death by firing squad. Make prisons really harsh and uncomfortable places nobody would want to do time in twice and things just might get better.

Harsh? Yes, but 60 years of being nice to criminals doesn't seem to have achieved much and I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing about "austerity" and "deprivation" being the cause of all this. It's an insult to all the decent and law abiding poor and deprived people out there. Catch the criminals and make it clear that crime doesn't pay.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Well put Andere. how about you standing for Parliament. You sound a heck of a lot better than the ones in there now, You would cerainly get my vote. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Another lad got stabbed today.
I agree with what has been said plus why not follow what Saudi Arabia do cut there hands off.
These people stabbing and anyone who takes a life should have there life taken too.
I worry to think my grandchildren and everyone else is growing up into this horrible world.
twin1947

Postby Maywalk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 pm

Good to see you posting again Pooh and I hope everything went well for you.

I agree with all statements on here and like others I too get worried about the future for my great grandson.
The authorities are are TOO lenient with the louts that are getting away with the atrocities they are committing nowadays and if something is not done soon they wont even get people to join the police force.
The recruits are getting less and so to is the folks wanting to go in for nursing.
What a bloody sick world we live in now. :evil:
To think two wars have been fought with millions losing their lives to make it a better world to live in for it to end up like it is with dope addicts and yobs attacking innocent folks with knives. :cry:
Maywalk

Postby dita » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm

This a serious worry for our country, we have been either very naïve or stupid to allow our country's leaders become so un-caring about its people who live , care and whose families have given up lives and fought through the years to enable us to be proud and safe. Shame on them . You are so right Andere & Maisie xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm

dita wrote:This a serious worry for our country, we have been either very naïve or stupid to allow our country's leaders become so un-caring about its people who live , care and whose families have given up lives and fought through the years to enable us to be proud and safe. Shame on them . You are so right Andere & Maisie xxx

Like you, I was despairing about the current gang of 'leaders'. I listened to both Kenneth Clarke and Margaret Beckett (I hadn't realised she was still un-retired) She spoke up passionately for the people to be considered, and he too showed shades of past times when we could feel represented and 'safe'.
So I thought those two are examples of 'real' politicians with which we used to be familiar. Another oldie, Denis Skinner, never slow to stand up and say it like it is!!

Not one of the MPs shows fitness to be P.M. The usual list of possibles with Boris at the top, then Michael Gove, then Jeremy Hunt :tantrum2: God help us, because when Teresa resigns, the country may be out of the frying pan into the fire. If only Clarke or Becket were young now.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:38 am

I realise this is not relevant to murders as discussed in the topic, but every so often we hear of a spate of cat-killings/mutilations,over certain areas. So far, none have been reported in this area, but I am constantly wary (untrusting)
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:52 am

Let the police do their job. If they think someone may be carrying a knife they should search them regardless of race, colour or creed.

It the majority of knife crime is carried out by one legged Catholics then the majority of "stop and search" should be one legged Catholics.

Thar's not discrimination, that's logic!
laurie53

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am

Hmm yes. Well, I still have both my legs, albeit full of arthritis and Fybromyalgia. :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:08 am

vannin wrote:I realise this is not relevant to murders as discussed in the topic, but every so often we hear of a spate of cat-killings/mutilations,over certain areas. So far, none have been reported in this area, but I am constantly wary (untrusting)

I'm wary, too and worry if my puss stays out longer than usual. It appears the random killings are still going on even though the Metropolitan police closed their enquiries. Other police forces are still investigating in some cases. It's a couple of months old but I found this well-balanced piece in the Grauniad.
I realise that many will say cats and rabbits are lower down the pecking order than humans but, if we can't protect our animals, then we're in danger of losing our humanity.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/19/croydon-cat-killer-met-police
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

Andere Richtingen wrote:
vannin wrote:I realise this is not relevant to murders as discussed in the topic, but every so often we hear of a spate of cat-killings/mutilations,over certain areas. So far, none have been reported in this area, but I am constantly wary (untrusting)

I'm wary, too and worry if my puss stays out longer than usual. It appears the random killings are still going on even though the Metropolitan police closed their enquiries. Other police forces are still investigating in some cases. It's a couple of months old but I found this well-balanced piece in the Grauniad.
I realise that many will say cats and rabbits are lower down the pecking order than humans but, if we can't protect our animals, then we're in danger of losing our humanity.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/19/croydon-cat-killer-met-police

The Grauniad has made a very thorough research for this piece. I agree with the Streatham Hill Vets and the others who concur, that foxes are highly unlikely to be the attackers. As they say, a clean cut mutilation means a knife was used and foxes - as I have witnessed in a poultry environment - do not make clean killings. I don't believe they kill cats and only human killers would tidily bring back the bodies / heads/to the gardens afterwards..
vannin

Return to Anything Goes