Looking Back

Except Personal Attacks

Looking Back

Postby Maywalk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:28 am

Over the past few days I have called in here and gone back to when the forum first started.
I have had many belly laughs apart from sadness and tears at what has happened through the years and I just wanted to thank all who has kept this forum going and to Oddie for all she has done for me in the past as well as keeping the forum open.
Thanks for some lovely memories.
I still have not finished going through the posts so I will still have some laughs to look forward to as well as sadness but that is life. My lovely hubby died on this date three years ago and for all his aggravating ways he is still missed. My family coming to take me out so that I wont be on my own.
God Bless. x x
Last edited by Maywalk on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maywalk

Re: Looking Back

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am

Oh, Maisie. It will no doubt be a bitter-sweet occasion but I hope you and the family can share many good memories of the past as you take pleasure in your day out together.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Oh! Maisie-----you have brought me to tears, I do so remember the days building up to your Hubbies memory loss and the fight you had trying to get a center for him to go to with familiar interests for him to enjoy, and at the same time help his fading memory. It was you that encouraged me to join Rowan and it has been a life saver for me to be part of this family, and I thank you for that. There are many more folk I would like to thank but cannot speak direct they are many light years away, but I am sure they know and hopefully will have a smile on their faces------ besides a lot of sadness there was lots of laughter around too. :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs: I'm thinking about you today xxxxxxxxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Many thanks Andere and Dita.
I enjoyed the time with my family and hung on to the tears until I got home.
Unfortunately that is life and we still have to carry on.
Within the past month I have had to increase my Epileptic meds because of sudden blackouts and although it has helped it also seems as though it has caused one or two other problems and depression is one of them so it looks like another trip back to the docs. Sod this getting old business. Take care and I will keep popping in.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 pm

I've missed you Frolique. Life seems to have got more and more busy! I don't know how I ever had time to go to work before I retired. :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi Michael.
To be honest I have had folks coming to me from worldwide asking me for tales about life as it was many years ago. This is because there are SO many WW2 re-enactors wanting to bring the atmosphere back of that era of everyone pulling together. Its surprising as to how much effort they put into this. Even getting old vehicles and doing them up such as tanks and old cars.
They will also go to great lengths to get old outfits. There are quite as few venues coming up all over the UK and they attract many visitors. They dont always get it right but it makes a nice change to see folks pulling together instead of fighting each other. Since National Service finished in the UK back in 1960 this country started going to the dogs and sodding drugs started overtaking but now this enthusiasm has taken over it has helped give many younger folk a purpose in life.
That is where I come in handy because they want to know what life was like over 80 years ago.
It has helped me too and kept my mind going even if my body is packing up. :mrgreen:
Keep well and its lovely to TALK to you with my fingers and stay in touch in cyberland. :bighugs:
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 am

Aw Maisie, I've only just seen this thread.
Bless you. Long may you keep in touch in cyberland.x
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:04 am

Many thanks Carol.
Learning how to use a computer was THE best thing that I have ever done to keep up with modern day living by talking with my fingers to others round the world, apart from being able to talk to my family face to face on Facebook which is another wonderful piece of technology.
Thanks for popping in.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes