Net name

Except Personal Attacks

Net name

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:08 am

Do you have different usernames on different forums? I have been Ciderman since 1995 when I was at the time setting up a cidery in Hawkes Bay. The only variation I have used is when the forum already had a Ciderman when I joined and I became "Cidermannz".
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Re: Net name

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:42 am

I started off on IDF50 as Hazel but when Home Groan started I became Lacemaker and have stayed with that name ever since apart from a very short time when when someone took the name Lacemaker on another forum (I cant remember the name now) which I joined to make sure that no one confused this person with me. The name I used there was Needlelacer but I only made 3 or 4 postings on it.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 am

I was Frolic when I first started on the computer but changed to Maywalk and been that ever since.
My word where have all the years gone? ??????????

I am a very lucky lady to still be here especially after being rushed into hospital on Monday with blood pressure going through danger point.Still feel groggy but getting there slowly after blood meds being doubled.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:14 am

I registered with Bigfoot, one of the first free sites, in about 1996.

When I entered the username Laurie I was told it was no available and the first available was Laurie53, and so I have been, on most sites, for nearly a quarter of a century!
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:42 am

I have several names (6, I think), used on different groups and forums. Sometimes, the choice of name is appropriate to the subject of the forum, other times it's a random choice. In the mid 90s, one of my early ones was chosen because it sounded masculine and I was contributing to a group where many of the members were old fashioned blokes who were inclined to dismiss a woman's thoughts on anything mechanical, technical or remotely oily!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Young Goat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:41 pm

I am Young Goat on almost all the forums I am on.
It came about because, like my late father, I have always been a joker. If someone didn't see the funny side of his humorous, or occasionally daft, behaviour he would say something like "Oh pay no attention to me, I'm just an old goat"
So, if he was the old goat it followed I must be the young goat.
However, 20 or so years later I do wonder if just "Goat" or "The Goat" would be more appropriate to my age now
Young Goat

Postby dita » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Not been on many forums, think I have had very few different names, one being Addy and this one, but will not argue if anyone recalls another I have used but forgotten. I remember most of the names which have popped up on here again, I do remember Rocky and have often wondered how things were.
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Only used my own. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes