Vandalism.

Except Personal Attacks

Vandalism.

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Just been reading about the 80,000 thousand pounds worth of damage youths have done to the well kept old trains.
What a sick b----y world we live in.
These trains have been restored and well looked after by those who love old transport and are well loved by the WW2 re-enactors around the country.
It must be heartwrenching to those who have spent many hours doing repair work on them to bring them up to scratch to see the state of them now.
What is angering many folks as well is that the vandals get off practically scot free when caught with just having to do so many days called community work.
What is your view on this sort of thing. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I KNOW we dont have enough police now to deal with things with all the rotten cut backs but I think its about time the government got their priorities right because the cutbacks are all with our main services such as fire and health too.
Its a frightening thought for future generations.
Maywalk

Re: Vandalism.

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed May 01, 2019 11:10 pm

I hadn't heard about this until I read your post, Maisie, so I Googled it. (For anyone interested, the story is here: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/fundraising-page-set-up-after-2820266 ).

Disgraceful! But, somehow, not surprising in the sick society in which so many people seem to flourish. It's soul destroying for everyone involved with the Great Central Railway - indeed, for anyone connected with transport preservation because we all know it could all too easily have been our project that was targeted (and, next week or next month, it may well be).

Ruddington is a great site, offering plenty of space for the railway, the transport museum, for rallies and galas but it does suffer from being very secluded, even though in terms of distance, it isn't far from homes and an industrial estate. The site is almost entirely screened by trees so, once the country park visitors and the transport volunteers have all gone home, there's little chance of thieves and vandals being spotted.

The Great Central volunteers absolutely did not deserve this. Over the years, we've watched the railway grow and expand ever southward and been so impressed with what has been achieved through sheer, hard graft. Not only do I want the culprits caught, I want them and their parents/guardians made to pay every penny of the cost of repairs and replacement/reconstruction. I don't care if it takes them 40 years and they have to sell their houses - if parents were made to face the consequences of their vile offsprings' actions, I feel sure many of them would pay a lot more attention to where they were and what they were doing.

Sorry if this is getting too heavy but ... we do have to ask how society has got into a condition where anybody, even the stupidest teen, gets amusement and gratification from smashing up railway carriages and destroying the fruits of other's labour. It's just all wrong and I don't know how to start making it right again. :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Re: Vandalism.

Postby Maywalk » Thu May 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Andere and I agree wth all you have written.
These mindless morons who vandalise property makes it bad for those who are decent youngsters because a lot of folk class them all the same. Personally I wish when they catch the devils that did this, or any other evil act, should be flogged publicly. Sounds harsh and evil to say that but it looks as though that will be THE only way to get the message across because so called community work has not helped. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes