Todays World.

Except Personal Attacks

Todays World.

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 pm

In todays society and seeing some of the younger folk I very often wonder if they are altogether compos mentis because seeing all the ruddy things they have pinned into their bodies and skin plus all the tattoos, to me that in itself is absolutely bonkers and I very often wonder if some of them are far worse than those who have lost their reasoning through illness and old age.

I have nothing against tattoos if they leave a bit of the body to show where one starts and ends
but I know of one person who has had every part of her being covered in tattoos. She looks more like a b----y warrior than a woman.

I am beginning to wonder where its all going to end because I sat watching a programme on TV last night and there was a woman of around 40/50yrs who reckoned she could not throw things away.
Her house was filthy and it was piled high to the ceiling with maggoty food and many other items which were infested. She was quite rational talking to the interviewer so one could not say that she did not know what she was doing.
I know there are hoarders especially if its a hobby of some sort but FOOD that is smelling vile as well as being infested seems beyond my understanding.
My mind boggles at times as to what is going on in this co called society and I never thought I would live to say that I feel like a stranger in my own country.
Maywalk

Re: Todays World.

Postby Penny » Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Fully agree with you, specially about the tattoos. Regarding food, I think that is going a little too far as nothing keeps forever in the food world. Imagine taking a bite on a piece of rotten bacon. Unbelievable. Be wonderful if we could put our pains in a box and store them out of sight.. cheers Penny
Last edited by Penny on Wed May 22, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 pm

Maisie I agree, just think---- the longer I am alive------the more bewildered I am becoming with the world.
dita

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm

:evil: Hi Dita.
I cant say that I am enamoured with how this country is either being run nor by many of its inhabitants now.
It is certainly NOT the UK that many lost their lives for in two world wars. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Tattoos used be a very naval thing once upon a time, I am not referring to the Polynesian tattoos which are a form of genealogy, but todays youth have so many in so many places on their body. Only the other day I saw a girl wearing an off the shoulder top, and up near her shoulders were a pair of birds wings, I wondered who did the tattoo and where the birds talons were!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Lacemaker » Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 am

Totally agree with you, Maisie ! I read recently where someone was saying you should never change a baby’s nappy without first asking for its permission to do so. The mind boggles. :roll:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Thu May 23, 2019 8:20 am

I dread to think what things will be like in 20 years time.
When one reads and hears such tales as women having babies with every Tom, Dick and Harry and the children NOT knowing who their father is. Brother and sister could be mating and one wonders what the bloody hell will be produced.
Its bad enough now with the morons that run around with knives under the impression that are Superman because they are doped up to the eyeballs.
Plus stupid berks running the country coming out with such statements as Lacey has just stated.

It makes me SO angry to think SO many lost their lives for this to happen.

I will have to go and have a cup of coffee to calm me down or else I will be back in the hospital again like I was a few weeks ago because my ruddy blood pressure had gone beyond danger level.
I am TOO old now to do anything about it but I feel SO sorry for the decent youngsters who try to do something with their lives and with them all being classed the same. :evil: :sad:
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am

Errr....If I remember Maisie there were quite a few babies born during the war with American accents :roll:

"Aw c'mon honey drop them panties...I'm off to France tomorrow and may never see you again!" :rolleye11:

"Ok Elmer... but we'll do it standing up so I don't get pregnant!!" :cry:
Poohdog

Postby Maywalk » Thu May 23, 2019 11:01 am

Yes I agree Pooh and Italian ones but those I knew got married to the babies father and moved out to their country.

I am talking about what has happened since the 1960s when conscription finished. That was when the rot set in. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 am

The rot set in???
Speaking as someone who was a 60s teenager, high on the notions of free love, ganja and flower power, may I put in a word in our defence? Yes, our parents sometimes despaired of us; yes, we got carried away and did stupid things we often regretted later. Yes, there were unplanned pregnancies and people who went too far down the illegal substances route and wrecked or shortened their own lives. I knew quite a number of those people and am still in touch with several of them. Guess what? Most of us now are staid 60 and 70 somethings who've worked hard at all sorts of respectable jobs to pay the 15% interest on our 1980s mortgages; brought up children who are now respectable middle-aged pillars of society and we are now the retiree volunteers running all sorts of charitable organizations for the benefit of others, young or old. Some of us are even still married to our first spouse!

Tattoos or not, most of the younger people I meet are ordinary, decent people. The world sometimes appears to have gone barmy but I really think much of that is because the barmy notions get so much coverage in all sorts of media. I can beat asking a baby's permission to change a nappy. A few weeks ago, I heard an earnest woman on breakfast radio urging us all to ask permission of the plant before we harvest vegetables! The world has a way of righting itself and it will - eventually!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am

You are so right Andere. We are a little too eager to start putting blame. Must say I think the tattooing is horrible, I expect most regret having them done as they grow older. As you say, a lot of rubbish is printed or broadcast. Try reading the Daily Mail these days, pages of rubbish. I keep meaning to write and complain but never do, the paper is not printed just for me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes my own son was growing up during that time Andere and it was in the late 60s that we started having drug addicts because they decided to start using the stairways of the flats I used to live in.
As I said previously in another post those that do all the atrocious things today are making it bad for the decent youngsters because they all get classed the same.

As for tattoos I did say I had nothing against them but I loathe to see the whole body covered in them. The best of it is the one I was talking about in my previous post did NOT work BUT she could afford to have tattoos every other week and drink and smoke plus she had a voucher or whathever it is to go to the food bank. ???????????????

My son is 69 so I DO know of those years because I lived through it and was harrassed by the drug addicts during our time living in those flats. That as I said was when it all first started. :evil:
Luckily my own son wasn't into drugs. He belonged a rock group that used to play all round the Midlands.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Thu May 23, 2019 6:33 pm

There is not a great deal of disciplining the way we remember it and so many teenagers have little respect for discipline when it IS given or too little respect for the older generation in general.
There is a great absence of diversionary activities such a youth clubs, and too much of the games-console, Facebook (though I admit to daily use of it, age 77) and the iPads and iPhones or whatever the latest name is. Too much staying indoors - either that or joining the gang culture or clubbing. As for filthy language such as was directed at me some years ago when I pointed out to two girls - age approx 13 - that the fast food wrapping they threw on the pavement had just missed the bin. Stunned by the verbals, I picked up those remains and binned them. David told me I should have known better than to speak.
Since 24-hour drinking was adopted in pubs and hardened drinkers became a very young age group, A & E units, already under pressure, have had to cope with drink-cases which overload all the ambulances - while the paramedics can't reach many genuine cases in time.
On another side of the coin, I praise the girls and young men who stand up to give me their train/tube seat on my infrequent visits to London (it must be since my hair turned white) and they are usually non-British. In particular, Asian girls often have a delightful attitude to older people and often call me Auntie..
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Drug addiction has been prevalent in many societies for thousands of years! There is plenty of evidence that opioids were used across the globe many centuries BC. An awful lot of very respectable Victorians and Edwardians were hooked on Chlorodyne mixture, a patent medicine readily available from any pharmacy and made up of a mix of Indian hemp, chloroform , cannabis, morphine hydrochloride, and peppermint among other things. It was hugely addictive and hundreds of deaths occurred from overdose.

Drug addiction really didn't start in the 60s. You noticed it then because there were changes in legislation in this country so that registered addicts could no longer get their regular fix via their GP surgery but had to purchase from illegal sellers and then find sheltered places to administer their poison - such as the stairwells of apartment blocks built and administered in the main by penny pinching councils too mean or strapped for cash to provide decent security. I have nothing but sympatby for anyone who has to live in such a place.

As for tattoos, I don't especially like to see bodies completely covered in them but some are very beautifully done and I wouldn't condemn anyone for choosing what they wish to do with their own body. At one time, I considered having a discreet little one done on my shoulder but OH dislkes them and, as he'd have to see it, I didn't go ahead with it.

It can damage your career as my brother in law discovered. He joined the army straight from school and celebrated his first few pay packets by getting his arms and much of his upper body tattooed. That was fine until, having progressed through the ranks, he decided to apply for a commission. He passed all the physical and written tests but was rejected because the Regiment don't accept officers with visible tattoos. He finished his career as a sergeant instructor. Fortunately, all that artwork didn't stop my sister from fancying him!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri May 24, 2019 3:38 pm

I wrote a large post yesterday which covered much that I have just read above since, unfortunately it disappeared somewhere and despite trying I couldn't get it back. All I can recall now for sure is that all through my childhood despite hardship for us all during the war, my Dad away fighting for our country, my Mum and I having to live with my Grandparents after finances made it impossible to stay in our little bungalow, also more from that time--------I was never afraid of going out to play or going to school etc. etc. I felt free xxxxxxx
dita

Next

Return to Anything Goes