Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Maggieh and all, third attempt to reply. My arm is painful and finger edges numb. Hubby tripped in the dining room and I helped him up. He is a big man so I think that is where this has come. Very stubborn chap, he has been told to use a walking stick but for some reason will not. So his movement is from seat to seat. Guess what, when chappie said he couldn.t do gardening any more, OH as advertised. Such a surprise, we had a response from the grounds-man of Bath University. He starts next year but said he will cut the grass before then. Talking of the Uni, so far we have had 62 photos from granddaughter. The whole English group from her class are doing the tour together so all take pics. She comes home in January. Pleased for son who has to keep supplying the cash. Poor Noddy, what will he do without you. I hope all keep on the right sde for you vannin, Don't you dare have to use an alarm any more. Take care all and big hugs for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Good evening everyone.Maybe you have pulled a muscle by helping getting your hubby up. Penny He sounds like he doesn't like being told what to do. :roll:
Your granddaughter is certainly showing you that she is enjoying herself.Jade has lots of places that she been too.My grandson is 21 in February,him and his dad are going abroad for a week to Croatia to celebrate.

Good news to have a gardener already fixed up Penny,didnt take long to replace the younger one. :roflmao:

I have just brought myself a electric throwover for my bed,that is arriving on Saturday.It heats the throw for 3 hours then turns off can turn it back on if you want to.

Will phone noddy at 8,then go to my bedroom.Have a lovely warm evening with a hot or cold drink. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all battling on with Voting today, Xmas shopping, decorating your home , trying keep well yourself or making sure of someone else's health or welfare. Whatever it is do your best. Take care Dolly and yours truly xxxxxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello Dita and dolly.I have done my vote by postal vote a couple of weeks ago.It is awful weather down here,very windy and wet.It was a struggle walking back from Basil sitting.The wind was in my face.
Last night I phoned noddy to tell him not to come here today,well the phone rung and rung,then a man answered and asked who did I want to speak to.Anyway it was a ambulance man saying they were taking Noddy off to hostipal.I have since spoken to him and he sounds rough and hopes to be out soon.He didnt want to talk,he kept saying he was in hostipal. :sad:

Now going to make a hot lemon/honey drink.All keep wrapped up warm.See you later.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Poor Noddy, wonder what is wrong with him. Like you, we voted by post some weeks ago. I will be so pleased when this is all over, I think it's about time we shortened the number of groups in Parliament. Say, 4, Conservative, Labour, Liberal and the Green party. What do you think. ? After all there are 400 seats and 600 to take a seat. Ridiculous...Take care all and keep warm. Hugs for all little ones cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Do any of you TalkTalk ladies have an outage today? It happened to anyone with 'tiscali.co.uk'. So I have found Fault LG1005 (Server) only at the end of the day when I asked on the phone. Had previously spent all day talking to the online Log-in Chat, and also endless phone calls which had nothing helpful to tell me until about an hour ago. Really fed up with an aching neck. THere were useful things I could have spent the day doing.

These organisations are so huge that you can tell three different departments the whole problem and have to answer the same set of questions every time.They don't communicate with each other and they, even the technical depts do not seem to know when an outage is going on all day. :tantrum2: :lam: :evil:
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Poor you vannin, not a good day for me either. Funny how we get good then bad and as we age they are nearly all bad. I have been sitting all day cuddling a hot water bottle
for my aching arm. Had one good hour, grandson popped in, just back from Uni for Xmas.I hope we all get a better night, Hope maggieh and her old chappie are OK. cheers take care and keep warm. cheers Penny :ithanku:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:26 pm

vannin wrote:Do any of you TalkTalk ladies have an outage today? It happened to anyone with 'tiscali.co.uk'. So I have found Fault LG1005 (Server) only at the end of the day when I asked on the phone. Had previously spent all day talking to the online Log-in Chat, and also endless phone calls which had nothing helpful to tell me until about an hour ago. Really fed up with an aching neck. THere were useful things I could have spent the day doing.

These organisations are so huge that you can tell three different departments the whole problem and have to answer the same set of questions every time.They don't communicate with each other and they, even the technical depts do not seem to know when an outage is going on all day. :tantrum2: :lam: :evil:

My internet has been ok today Vannin.Mine went down on Wednesday afternoon was a pain too.Was turning my router off at the wall a few times hoping it would kick in.Then had to put my password back in a couple of times.Check all leads etc.I never phone any where unless its the last resort.
Hope you are sorted now Vannin.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Penny wrote:Poor you vannin, not a good day for me either. Funny how we get good then bad and as we age they are nearly all bad. I have been sitting all day cuddling a hot water bottle
for my aching arm. Had one good hour, grandson popped in, just back from Uni for Xmas.I hope we all get a better night, Hope maggieh and her old chappie are OK. cheers take care and keep warm. cheers Penny :ithanku:

Bet that cheered you up seeing your grandson,Penny.Have you been to the doctor's with your arm?
I don't know how Noddy is or if he is back home yet.I won't really know anything else unless he gets in touch by next Wednesday.

I had to go and see the dr this morning,I have got a chest infection just before xmas.Have got antibiotics and steriods so hope they kick in quick.Not seeing Logan this weekend as they have colds there too.
While I was out this morning a parcel came,and it had to be signed for,so Ive to pick it up from the sorting office.Lets hope tomorrow is a better day for us all. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Maggie, no, I am still stuck, since I got up this morning, as far as email is concerned. I know there are messages waiting for me. I had no alternative but to have long phone calls with TalkTalk and they promise these calls are free. The online 'Chats' are a waste of valuable time. None of them can tell me when 'normal service will be resumed.'
For once my router is doing its work without making me see to it. The fact that my mobile is broken and I took back the new one for a refund (£80) means My methods of contact are diminishing with anyone now. I am gradually warning my contacts that there is only landline or Facebook message or this forum to get in touch because it will be nearer Christmas before I get a new mobile. The returned one was mis-sold.

Life was simpler when it was just letter-writing or occasional phonecall if urgent.
Last edited by vannin on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:36 pm

Penny, when my arms and shoulders became painful last year, it turned out to be Fybromyalgia, which can't be treated by prescription except for normal painkillers. But now medicinal cannabis is becoming legal, it is the cure.

Maggie, I hope your chest infection clears up soon.
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Thanks vannin. I am going to take paracetical ? tomorrow. I did not go to docs because I have White Coat syndrome and to get to doctor or dentist ,is shear hell. once there no problem. so I will try painkillers. Take care maggieh. When you get a minute, perhaps you could ring the hospital for news of the old boy. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi everyone, sounds to me that we should all be put of our misery :( Big Hugs from Dolly & me xxxxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Dismiss the thought Dita, what about all the little ones.... Seriously, been a lovely sunny day today. most unexpected. A good Rugby programme tonight on Channel four and Strictly Final on BBC1. Wonder who will win this time. I would of course If I had managed to get there but got delayed (only joking of course) Take care and enjoy tonight, Hugs to Dolly and all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:

Came on this morning to cheer everyone up Penny, that was all cos you were all suffering from same as me ------ :grouphug: :ithanku:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes