Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:33 pm

I am here at last! Had my little foray into town this morning because the local forecast online said it was 26 degrees which is improvement on the mid-thirties. But it can't have been true because it felt like the other days of this week and still does now I have been home nearly two hours. I know 'local' predictions can never be spot-on for everyone. Quite often there is rain in some neighbourhoods and not others.
We certainly had the rain and thunderstorms, at intervals between 8 p.m. and 1 a.m. The rain was quite heavy, not too many rumbles of thunder and not too close, the lightning quite sparse. It felt a relief at first but was still a very humid night. Trixie stayed out for most of it but must have sheltered as her coat was dry. She surely felt some benefit from it but is very uncomfortable again today.

I am so glad for you Dita that your neighbour cut the grass. This is what I was hoping would happen for you! Neighbours DO care, and when I came home today, a big bundle of runner beans had been left in the porch by the neighbour opposite. Shall enjoy some this evening with chipolatas and new potatoes. It has been salad on the other evenings, and although hot, bangers make a change. Maggie, your storms will be on their way. I was relieved not to water the garden last night for a change. Eye injection tomorrow.
Take care everyone. Hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. :grouphug:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Good Afternoon everyone. Thanks so much for those lovely comments about my neighbour for cutting my grass, you are certainly right there my neighbours have helped me much more than any of my family apart from the legal stuff which will benefit them when I am gone??? That may sound harsh but apart from my sis and bro in-law who have been wonderful, my own kin has not been near since almost a year, you live and learn...…
We missed all the storms last night but this morning it has been threatening us thunder rolls and a shower. Worried me last night because thunder positively terrorises Dolly. Was hoping to get my hedge clipped today but it will have to wait the humidity is making my problem react again, I shall leave well alone and take your advice, thanks so much, and you must all look after yourselves too. xxxx Vannin and Trixie, heres a BIG Hug xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Just had two lots of thunder, one of lightening and tiny little shower. So cannot say it is any cooler yet. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:26 am

Good morning.Another hot sweltering day ahead.No rain or storms here yet.

I have a lovely cool fan now next to my bed blowing cold air all over me.Slept lovely lastnight. :mrgreen:

Will attempt to hoover this morning,must try anyway. :roflmao:

Nothing else exciting going to happen today.

Enjoy your day,Penny.Dita and Vannin and any other visitors.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Wonder when you will get the storm . We had terrific downpour an hour ago, went very black with thunder and lightening. Looks brighter now and the sky suggests good weather for the rest of the day. Not doing anything so whaterever will be O>K> Take care all. Must send my Wed, lady over to you maggieh, she loves vacuuming. Take care.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Returned from eye injection apptmt at 11.30. Stinging a bit, I'm drowning the eye in drops as usual. Not seeing the screen clearly as a result. Right now the heat is less than this time yesterday and it rained earlier when the sky was dark. The various drivers of the hospital transport are pleasantly chatty but I have to sometimes give directions because the satnavs don't always make great sense! As a non-driver, I am an OK navigator.
Wishing a good bearable afternoon to all, take care all and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. (I don't think she moved in the 90 minutes I was out, and I am observing that the storms have upset her after all.)
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi Everyone, apart from a few rumblings and a couple of spots of rain we have had no signs of storms, but the atmosphere has been atrocious to bear. Today thank- goodness it is fresher, in fact our forecast said -fog?. Hope your eyes feeling a little easier now Vannin after your injection, it must be a very uncomfortable treatment to have regularly.

Your Wednesday lady is quite welcome to have a Wizz round my house Penny, and I have quite a few jobs she could do also. Have a tree full of Victoria Plums if anyone would like to make some jam or a crumble, been and pulled some for my postie today ------really don't mind if he has his shorts on or not, he's a lovely guy.
Take care all, big hugs to Vannin and Trixie xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:23 pm

How I wish I was closer, would love to make jam. Only thing I do these day is marmalade because we both eat it at breakfast. My daughter arranged the cleaning lady on a weekly 2 hour basis. If you are desperate and would like one on a regular basis let me know and I will mention to daughter. When the lady first came my daughter told her to concentrate on the kitchen and his and her bathrooms and I must say she does a super job. Do take care and watch out for this weather. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:41 am

Morning all, funny start to the day with a little rain early on. Now dark sky and thunderous weather promised all day here. Take care all and have a good day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am

Good morning, and hoping today will be better than the night was. What a long storm, continuous for at least six hours,9.30 till 3.30, very impressive sheet lightning. But we want to be asleep, not impressed.
I finally realised Trixie's changeable behaviour this week was due to the prediction process when cats and dogs and, I believe, some other animals, are anticipating the barometric pressure change. She slept most of yesterday as if to tell me 'Get sleep while you can. No chance tonight'.
Dita, I am so sorry poor little Dolly is terrified of storms. I was thinking of her last night. Hugs to both of you from us two. :bighugs: :bighugs: and take care everyone.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi Everyone. Well the Gods must be really on Dolly's good side because still hav'nt had storm or rain. As for me worried in case we did and she would be all frightened and on her own, I spent half the night listening for the thunder to start. Consequentley I am tired out today, got up at 5am and stripped my bed, went downstairs and put the washer on after hanging my duvet out on the line for a freshen up. before lunch proceeded to wash the linen and so on, it was a great day for the job. Downside I am exhausted.

I think too that animals have premonitions about things Vannin, Dolly knows things even when I am only thinking about them, or does she put the thought in my head for her benefit?
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:48 am

Morning all. Rather dark and gloomy after rain during the night. Not so stuffy tho'. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:44 am

The past 24 hours have been cooler here and the rainy night was more 'normal' without horrible storms. Trixie is staying indoors as much as possible since the endless storm on Thursday night. She was out for much of it and must have been frightened in a quiet way as she tried not to show it when she came home. But yesterday she was quite clingy again, and I think she must have spent the storm-time under a car while I stayed up most of the night. Impossible to sleep through that racket.

Houses that were built in the sixties, like this one, have garages that are too small for modern cars. There must be about 60 cars in the immediate vicinity, many parked in the road, so she had a choice to shelter under, but for so many hours through deafening thunder and constant lightning..... I kept standing at the door and calling and she probably heard but couldn't make a dash for it.

I went back to bed at the time you got up Dita, 5 a.m. and little'un followed me. All was calm by then. But unlike you I didn't strip the bed till about 10.30. Today is very different and I don't mind it being a bit gloomy outside. I think it must be much more suited to your breathing, and hope the extreme conditions won't return for you, Maggie and all. Take care and hugs for Dita and Dolly. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Good afternoon ladies.Well the storm never came here,it by passed us.We did have some rain during the night which we all had.Still muggy though.

I am trying to clean a fan off but don't know how to get to the blades.Think I will look at youtube for advice.Nothing exciting happening here this weekend :roflmao:

I expect Dita is sitting in her fresh mowed garden with a cold drink and Dolly playing with a ball. :roflmao: Looks a bit dull outside now.

Have a nice afternoon and take care.Be good.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone. We still haven't had any rain, nor thunderstorms but the weather is not really the sitting out atmosphere either, it is cooler which does help the breathing, still very humid though and overcast and even foggy at times Maggieh. my fresh cut grass is now brown and badly needs a shower so it will green up a bit :) ha ha there's spots of rain on the window-----how odd :)

You are so right about the reason why there are so many cars unable to get in the garages nowadays Vannin. no wonder folk struggle, and it does cause trouble between neighbourhoods at times too.
I was so shattered after my early work session yesterday, by 9am I wished I could crawl back into bed, trouble was it was without bed linen.

Those spots of rain which were on the window have gone again. Take care of yourselves and big Hugs to Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes