Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:48 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I feel a little speechless. Anyway I hope all are well . Vannin besides the news I was sharing with you about my friend Ruth, who is seriously ill, yesterday I had some even worse news, my ex- husband remarried, and despite all that-- I got on very well with his wife, although we were not close there's times within families that occasionally needs must and it is pleasant all round if the relationship can be sociable, and ours was, but she died yesterday not long since she was diagnosed with bowel cancer which had began creeping into her lungs. Pneumonia set in Corona took over and I feel very sad, she was a lovely woman.
Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me.xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Oh Dita, I am so sorry to hear this. You already have great sorrow about your friend who is so ill, and now this sudden news is a deep shock, coming out of the blue. Was it your ex who contacted you? I hope there may be someone close at hand who can help you through this. You and I are geographically too far apart, otherwise I would try to meet up with you, albeit masked and socially distancing. I wish you serenity and a healing of grief. May the lady rest in peace, after so much suffering.
Love and hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxx
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:59 pm

I meant to mention Vannin my ex died a few years ago, sure when it occurred it would be surprising if I hadn't talked about it on here, hubby and I were both at my ex
s funeral. In fact when my second husband died in 2019, she along with my sis-in-law from my first marriage also came and were brilliant support to me. It was my son in Kent who told me about the recent sadness, he was reluctant to tell me because he knew how I would feel.
Thank you so much. You are very kind xxxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Writing this has made me sound a real trollop, I was married for 20years, remarried in 1978 until 2019. :thinking: :ithanku:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Trollope???? What??? You must excuse my mirth :roflmao: :roflmao: when these are sad circumstances. Dita,a that word would describe Christine Keeler or Mandy Rice Davies (well, it would do, wouldn't it!)
We are speaking of (you) a kind, gentle, motherly and longsuffering lady who has lived a mixed life of happy times and sad times. I hope you are feeling a little better today and that Ruth is not in pain.
I thought of your tiny village when I was out this morning, my first sight of the town for a month. The streets are dead like all other towns at present I suppose. It was a semi-dying town before a year ago. Good to be out though.
Both my vaccination and the logistics were a doddle. Chatty volunteers, a few familiar faces. No after effects at all so far.
The sun was trying to peep through. Trixie had not moved between 10 a.m. and 12.30 when I arrived home.
She and I send love and hugs to Dita and Dolly.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
Last edited by vannin on Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Hope all are O>K> beginning to feel everyone is losing interest in the forum. I hope not.Never get anyone to talk to. After a misty start the sun has just arrived bringing a lovely blue sky. Anyone had the vaccine yet? Do hope all is still going well for you vannin re vaccination. Must add sun came and went, very dull and cold now. Take care all.
cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Everyone??????

Yes Penny, I described my yesterday (above) All was well and still is, with my vaccination. I am very surprised to find that, whereas any jabs (either vaccs or blood tests) always cause harmless bleeding and bruising, because I am on blood thinners since many years ago, neither of those has happened since my appointment. If I press my arm, there is slight tenderness, it is not enough to be aching, and sleep is not disturbed (I lie on the other side anyway.)
I hope hubby is getting on well and you too.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone.
I haven't stopped posting,just I won't be doing it everyday for a while.I am still splinted up and I can not use the mouse very well in my left hand.The cursor goes all over the place.
Have not had my injection yet no rush,I don't go outside.I am not having any hostipal appointments for finger until April.Save me going on public transport.I will be having a video call next month.

I have enjoyed reading about Trixie she sounds like fun.Dolly is lovely too.At least with having a pet you can talk to it.

Is anyone watching Dancing on Ice :mrgreen: Have a lovely evening and take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Good to hear from you Maggieh, sorry about your hand problem. I it soon puts itself right. Pleased all went well for you vannin. Hope everyone else feels the same. Just had a thick snow fall and now vanished again. Looks very cold. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I cannot grasp what has been written above. Vannin and I are on here almost everyday gobbling away about all or nothing. Anyway ===== Although we only have just over 40 houses in this village it is always quite busy, most folks have a dog or two and the owners walk up and down the village exercising, + villagers have chickens, and ducks etc which people help to feed and often get an egg or two for helping out, W e used to have a smallholding, Goats, Ducks, Chickens, Beehives, we never killed them unless we had no options. We did sell up in the end because of my husbands illness. Even though we have no facilities----just a little post box we are all probably more active than some town folk and large villages. This village and its people have kept me alive by their waves and smiles as they are going past my window. :welcome1: :banana:
Didn't mean to write all that, I've worn myself out now. love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx
Vannin.
Pleased after-effects from vaccination ok, I have not heard anymore, maybe they have forgotten, I am well isolated though so I am not panicking . Take care everyone :bighugs: :bighugs:

Hi Maggieh. know how you feel holding the mouse, I have severe arthritis in my hands, also a broken thumb which wont mend. :roflmao: think I mentioned it on here about six months ago . :bighugs: I cannot seem to get this posted------too many folk posting :roflmao: :roflmao: :banana: :roflmao:
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:24 pm

This pandemic has had emotional effects at both ends of the spectrum. During lockdown while out walking the dog and getting some exercise, we met new people had long conversations with them, albeit at a distance sometimes across the road, We all learned to shout greetings and wave. The dogs couldn't understand what was going on! They did like it though, when nobody went to work and spent all day with them. Now that things are almost back to normal (apart from the borders being closed). The hospitality industry was very worried as they rely on tourists for a large part of their income, but locals have been flitting around the country doing all the things that tourists would normally do as we have been unable to travel overseas and Kiwis are very travel oriented, 85% have passports (now unused!).
Hope none of you are badly affected by the sad news we are hearing about Covid in the UK.
Best wishes from Rosie (who will now go back to sleep!)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:22 pm

Beautiful doggie, Wish I was close enough give him a cuddleTake care. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Dita, that was what I meant about thinking of your bustling village while looking at the dead town here. Completely opposite places. I also thought about my grandparents village, as it used to be long ago. It now has a major A-road right through it.
For your arthritis in the hands, have you ever obtained a pair of those Arthritis compression gloves, usually grey? I have two pairs and find them such a help, they are on my hands day and night, except when handling food, eating it, or in the bathroom (or anywhere while washing or sanitising hands). My right hand is permanently cold because of the metalwork in and above my wrist, since the first fracture five years ago. The surgeon said at the time 'there will be problems in a few years', and he is a man who operates on the hands of Olympians!! The trigger finger probably has a different cause but it is unlikely I can have either an injection or surgery for it - which would be done at the wrist - because of all the metalwork. My left wrist never mended properly (broken twice, two years ago)!!! I have trouble with lids and things. Love and hugs Dita and Dolly from Vannin and Trixie (she only seems to grieve about two or three times a week now) xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:

Penny, if you think you can't have conversations with anyone, try joining in sometimes. Dita and I chat, purely because we are the daily joining-inners, and the topics vary - maybe you don't always read all posts? If you have arthritis, tell us how it affects you, for example.
Take care of yourself, look after hubby without actually waiting on him!
Maggie, Twin, Ciderman, take care also. Maggie you are right about talking to a pet - it is a blessing.
:grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Afternoon all, just had an hour of snow, must be about 2 and half to three inches.

Sorry vannin and Dita, you misread my post. Not in the slightest bothered by folk not taking to me, no, just hoping others would find something to put on forum to help keep it open.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 pm

I have just lost a very long post again?????? Cannot get it back and it was I thought important. Does anyone know the reason and how to get them back???? Wondering if it could be something I am doing accidently, I do use the touch pad on the laptop and wonder if I could use another device.
Vannin I am considering buying some of those gloves you mentioned. Also it is you and I holding our daily chats that help to keep the forum running, it was great to see one or two of the oldies posting recently, and the pictures from Ciderman today is enough to cheer even the saddest person to appreciate.
Love and Hugs Vannin and Trixie, also take care everyone from Dolly and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:

Have just read what you have just written Penny, I am really frustrated, what do you mean ? why don't you find something to put on the forum to help keep it open--------Vannin and I have the nearest to conversation by chatting to each other, there is nothing stopping you joining in . :sunglasses: :please: :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi Penny and Dita, I have not even tried to use the touch pads.....ever! I have always used a cordless mouse. I have only once had the experience of a long post disappearing from this forum - I fiddled with this and that on the laptop to no avail then left it and when I returned it was working again. Frustrating!
Right, here is a conversation opener: With their laptop, who uses a touch pad & who uses a mouse??

Two hours ago, I heard sounds of activity at the front, and found two guardian angels clearing my drive and large frontage. They are the son of my plumber-neighbour, and the eldest of the foster sons. Bless them, the one who has had the space here to park his car for a while, says it makes sense because he came to de-snow the car anyway! I hope this good turn was noted by the neighbour I mentioned in the past, who has no idea how to behave towards anyone. He said many years ago "My people, we keep ourselves to ourselves" Oh so true. My hubby used to bend over backwards doing DIY favours for them and their tribe who live around the corner. He helped so many, giving gardening advice as well, I suggested he become a lawn consultant! He would have a fit if he knew the situation of the past fourteen years.
I gave the young men a tenner each, feeling it was very little, hoping they would not feel insulted.
Take care everyone and loving hugs from us two, to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes